Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2012, 10:12 PM

1 posts, read 1,129 times

Advertisements

Been at this a month, going to sd in a week! this is not exactly last minute just found in last month road blocks to get all the hotels lined up & finding the right price;( now we leave in a week 7 I still need hotel 7 car figured out on one part of trip.

We have Coranado & Laguna as our special things then will head down to anaheim for disney before home to the land of oz.

However I have had a hard time finding reasonable that does not cost in the $200 range without bad reviews!

now we leave n a week!

we will be at seaworld for 2 days & arrive the day before to shop do some beach etc was hoping to stay near seaworld & do a shuttle to seaworld but have not been able to find. Im looking for no drive to speak of in thre 100 to 130 a night range.

wondering why i should get a car when I will be at seaworld for 2 days. the idea is after coranado get the car to drive to laguna & anaheim.

will i be able to shop & get around 1 day without the car?

is it futile to stay close to seawordl without it being a fortune? rather not stay in unsafe areas for my daughter & I.. i am a bit challenged with driving especailly at night prefer to stick with shuuttle. we plan on doing the summer night shows fireworks at seaworld.

any thoughts

Im up hours every night & just need to find this hotel & decide on the car rental I definitly get a better deal going 6 days verses 10 especially if I dont need the car some days.

thanks

we dont go on vacation if ever this is a big deal for us I dont want to stay at a dump but 2 of the three days we will be at seaworld most of the day & night.

I hate t pay for a dump what im paying for a cute cottage in laguna but I dont want to drive in rather be right there.

Help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2012, 11:41 PM

7,379 posts, read 12,670,445 times
There are several hotels in the vicinity of Seaworld in the $100-$150 range with good ratings: Holiday Inn Express, Best Western Yacht Harbor, Hampton Inn. But they're not right next to Seaworld, and Seaworld is not anywhere near shopping (it's surrounded by, well, water), so if you plan to do some shopping, your best bet is to at least be close to the trolley to Mission Valley or Downtown, and then take a cab to Seaworld if the hotel doesn't offer a shuttle. If you want cute, check out the Hacienda Hotel in Old Town, easy access to the trolley and all the quaint Old Town shops and restaurants. Seaworld is just minutes away by cab.

And BTW, you'll be going up to Anaheim, not down ...

Old 07-07-2012, 11:55 PM

15,129 posts, read 32,326,222 times
That's bad timing for your vacation. ComicCon starts next week, and not only are all the hotels booked, but any vacancies will be priced sky high - and they'll get it! I wish you luck!

Old 07-07-2012, 11:59 PM

6,420 posts, read 11,596,094 times
It looks like you used a translation engine to translate this to "English".

If you are challenged with driving, do not drive in southern California. That is the largest red flag I'm reading in your question!!!

For three days you cannot do all three of Coronado and Laguna Beach and Anaheim. None of them are close.

I suggest you land in your airport and look for "packaged" tours that include what you want to see, including all transportation. Be very flexible, because you're ... needing to be very flexible.

When reading bad reviews, remember that unhappy people complain, and happy people don't think to provide reviews.

It sounds like you're having an adventure. Remain flexible, remain tolerant, accept that there will be horrible bits and wonderful bits, and you'll have tales to tell your grandchildren!

(Some "dumps" are ... erm ... wonderful in their own way ... and some are ... just horrible.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego