Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2012, 10:12 AM

71 posts, read 224,753 times

Advertisements

I think yall are getting me wrong. First thing I am not picky when it comes to skin color. Second back in Houston, there are plenty of black women, and there is no need to wonder if the non-black women would go out with me or not. (it is 2012 and we have a half black president, but from my experience in Houston, we are still a socially segregated society).
But in SD there are limited black women I barely see one ( I am in Carlsbad), and have to ask others out.
That is all......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2012, 11:06 AM

4,630 posts, read 10,270,747 times
Well we are getting you wrong because of what you wrote, not how you 'get.'

Dude, you are in Carlsbad. Not entirely sure how you wound up there, but the city-data stats dont lie.

I live in one of the more ethnically diverse cities in the county. South of me in Southeast San Diego, it has historically been known to be higher in black population. But I dont think its a social segregation thing as much as it is generations of families that live there and like it.

My wifes colleague is a native, black Jamaican and gets his hair done in Lemon Grove because not many places where he lives in North County do his hair 'right.' According to him...

Old 07-25-2012, 11:18 AM

2,299 posts, read 4,824,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shmoov_groovzsd View Post
Well we are getting you wrong because of what you wrote, not how you 'get.'

Dude, you are in Carlsbad. Not entirely sure how you wound up there, but the city-data stats dont lie.

I live in one of the more ethnically diverse cities in the county. South of me in Southeast San Diego, it has historically been known to be higher in black population. But I dont think its a social segregation thing as much as it is generations of families that live there and like it.

My wifes colleague is a native, black Jamaican and gets his hair done in Lemon Grove because not many places where he lives in North County do his hair 'right.' According to him...
Shmoov, you beat me to it. I was reviewing the OP's previous thread to see why Carlsbad???

OP - if your new employer is up there, I can see why you might want to avoid traffic and live closer to work, but Brother-Man, you are in a very challenging area for a single young black guy.

If you are in a temporary housing situation and if you can afford to move into San Diego proper, I would highly recommend you look at something downtown or in some of the Central SD neighborhoods, such as University Heights, North Park or Hillcrest. I would even recommend OB area if you want an even younger beach vibe.

Good luck to you, Carlsbad is a nice area, but I think it fits more someone in my age demographic; and I'm old in age but not in spirit! I personally wouldn't want to live that far north. I currently live south and I'm adjusting, but would prefer a Central neighborhood like South Park.

Old 07-25-2012, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingAloha View Post
Shmoov, you beat me to it. I was reviewing the OP's previous thread to see why Carlsbad???

OP - if your new employer is up there, I can see why you might want to avoid traffic and live closer to work, but Brother-Man, you are in a very challenging area for a single young black guy.

If you are in a temporary housing situation and if you can afford to move into San Diego proper, I would highly recommend you look at something downtown or in some of the Central SD neighborhoods, such as University Heights, North Park or Hillcrest. I would even recommend OB area if you want an even younger beach vibe.

Good luck to you, Carlsbad is a nice area, but I think it fits more someone in my age demographic; and I'm old in age but not in spirit! I personally wouldn't want to live that far north. I currently live south and I'm adjusting, but would prefer a Central neighborhood like South Park.
my work is in Carlsbad. You think Carlsbad is not good because of age or social issues?

Old 07-25-2012, 12:39 PM

4,630 posts, read 10,270,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeelover1 View Post
my work is in Carlsbad. You think Carlsbad is not good because of age or social issues?
From the city-data website for Carlsbad. You can either have your pick of the litter in screwing around with married women or a really slim chance of meeting a widow.
Carlsbad is generally a family oriented city.

For population 15 years and over in Carlsbad city:

• Never married: 23.5%
  • Now married: 57.7%
  • Separated: 1.4%
  • Widowed: 5.0%
  • Divorced: 12.3%
[LEFT]
Read more: //www.city-data.com/city/Carlsb...#ixzz21f2KPG5X
[/LEFT]

Old 07-25-2012, 02:14 PM

9,820 posts, read 11,536,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shmoov_groovzsd View Post
From the city-data website for Carlsbad. You can either have your pick of the litter in screwing around with married women or a really slim chance of meeting a widow.
Carlsbad is generally a family oriented city.
Came back to post this!
I lived with my cousin for about a year in Carlsbad.
Older Married women,no strings attached are the norm in Carlsbad.
Most of the women i messed around with had lots of free time(husbands working 60 hr a weeks)
But that was also 16 years ago and imaged things have changed.
My cousin met his current finance speed dating at this place called the Relm in Carlsbad.

Here's my love advice:
Buy then watch the movie,The Tao of Steve.
It's true and it works
Get a good Wingman and hit the local dive bars up there!

Taken from ask Men.
Quote:
When you're hitting the bars on the hunt for a girl, it helps to have a skilled buddy at your side to make sure you end up making out instead of striking out. A good wingman's generosity knows no bounds, and he will do whatever is necessary to make sure his point man (you) avoids enemy interference and hits the target.

It's important that your wingman be your equal in many ways. He shouldn't be much better looking, fashionable or charming than you -- otherwise, you'll end up becoming his wingman. Likewise, you can't be far better looking, fashionable or charming either. The goal is to field a team of two equals, not a superstar and a bench warmer.

Oftentimes, the best wingman is a guy just like you, except that he has a serious girlfriend. Because he's already in a relationship, he has nothing to lose, and will be happy to enjoy a night out and live vicariously through helping you. But even another single buddy with a sense of self-sacrifice can back you up at the bar. Read on for the top 10 traits of a good wingman.
Read more: Top 10: Traits Of A Good Wingman - AskMen
Click link for the rest.

Old 07-25-2012, 02:37 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,573,369 times
Quote:
I am noticing that SD doesn't have many black women. So how is the dating scene for a black man in SD with non-black women ( I am finding Pacific Islanders very attractive. I don't know if it is because we don't have that many of them where I am from (Houston)) ?.
SD folks seem to be very easy to strike up a conversation and to talk to.
But the women are very gorgeous and I am finding myself lacking some confidence.....
Are the women (mainly Pacific Islanders and Latinas) open minded when it comes to dating black guys?
(not for hit and run, that is alwyas easy, but for a comitted settle down relationship)

Welcome to the Golden State of California.....how are you doing when it come down to cold hard Cash...??????

Old 07-25-2012, 03:53 PM

2,299 posts, read 4,824,723 times
Quote:
What's your tolerance level for commuting? If you don't mind a 30+ minute commute, I'd get my hindparts into Central San Diego. Ask TonyinSD and others the best locale for a young guy like yourself!!

"Cougar Diving" could be dangerous!! I'd stay far - far away!!

Old 07-25-2012, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
Welcome to the Golden State of California.....how are you doing when it come down to cold hard Cash...??????
I don't carry cash......why ?

Old 07-25-2012, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingAloha View Post
What's your tolerance level for commuting? If you don't mind a 30+ minute commute, I'd get my hindparts into Central San Diego. Ask TonyinSD and others the best locale for a young guy like yourself!!

"Cougar Diving" could be dangerous!! I'd stay far - far away!!
I was hoping to save time by living close by and not driving 1 hr each day. BTW what is "cougar diving"? And I am looking to settle down, not for a hit and run thing either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego