Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 07:37 PM

1,471 posts, read 3,338,543 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii4evr View Post
I find San Diego too dry, materialistic, conservative and culturally bland, too much sprawl as well. I would choose Tampa for the warmer, more rainy/humid climate and nicer people!
Ok really, fess up, how much time have you spent there? because other than not being dry tampa is equally conservative if not more so, far more culturally bland and HORRIBLY sprawly. Nicer people? In my opinion, no difference at all. I love San Diego although I would be hard pressed to call it a eutopia either so i agree its silly when people get all batt $hit goofy about it. At this point I don't want to live anywhere else in the US but I am fully aware from living and visiting other places there are many other cities with their own terrific attributes. I can't help think from your posts you really need to get out and explore the world a little more rather than have fantasies about the grass being greener everywhere else. Go do it! Maybe you will find your nitch or maybe you will start a thread 5 years from now, lamenting how you never should have left and want to return.

Last edited by Clevelandgal; 01-08-2013 at 07:50 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2013, 07:44 PM

6,893 posts, read 8,929,483 times
Quote:
I find San Diego too dry, materialistic, conservative and culturally bland!
I find you, Hawaii4evr, too dry, materialistic, conservative and culturally bland

Old 01-09-2013, 04:20 PM

5,294 posts, read 10,201,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloom View Post
I find you, Hawaii4evr, too dry, materialistic, conservative and culturally bland
I am not materialistic or conservative at all. I just happen to be done with San Diego, which I find to be an incredibly overrated, overpriced city. You can have your opinion, and I can have mine.

Old 01-09-2013, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clevelandgal View Post
Ok really, fess up, how much time have you spent there? because other than not being dry tampa is equally conservative if not more so, far more culturally bland and HORRIBLY sprawly. Nicer people? In my opinion, no difference at all. I love San Diego although I would be hard pressed to call it a eutopia either so i agree its silly when people get all batt $hit goofy about it. At this point I don't want to live anywhere else in the US but I am fully aware from living and visiting other places there are many other cities with their own terrific attributes. I can't help think from your posts you really need to get out and explore the world a little more rather than have fantasies about the grass being greener everywhere else. Go do it! Maybe you will find your nitch or maybe you will start a thread 5 years from now, lamenting how you never should have left and want to return.
I will never want to return to San Diego. Maybe for vacation, but not to live.

Old 01-09-2013, 04:43 PM

5,291 posts, read 12,734,363 times
Quote:
I am not materialistic or conservative at all. I just happen to be done with San Diego, which I find to be an incredibly overrated, overpriced city. You can have your opinion, and I can have mine.
And what would a high school kid in Oceanside know about living in SD? You know nothing.

Old 01-09-2013, 05:28 PM

6,893 posts, read 8,929,483 times
Quote:
I will never want to return to San Diego. Maybe for vacation, but not to live.
Sounds good, but also include vacations.

Old 01-10-2013, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdurbanite View Post
And what would a high school kid in Oceanside know about living in SD? You know nothing.
I have lived in San Diego for 6+ years, I understand what it is like living in San Diego. Yes, it is pretty, there's nice beaches and good weather. However, it just doesn't offer much besides that, and it is WAY overpriced. The public transportation is G-d-AWFUL! I'm not saying Tampa has better public transportation, but I am ready for a move and change of scenery, and I happen to prefer Florida to California. Just stating my opinion, which is what this website is about, so there's no reason for attacks just because you have a different one.

Old 01-10-2013, 12:14 PM

5,291 posts, read 12,734,363 times
Quote:
I have lived in San Diego for 6+ years, I understand what it is like living in San Diego. Yes, it is pretty, there's nice beaches and good weather. However, it just doesn't offer much besides that, and it is WAY overpriced. The public transportation is G-d-AWFUL! I'm not saying Tampa has better public transportation, but I am ready for a move and change of scenery, and I happen to prefer Florida to California. Just stating my opinion, which is what this website is about, so there's no reason for attacks just because you have a different one.
So your perspective of SD is through the eyes of someone living here from the 6th through 11th grade? Carry on......

Old 01-11-2013, 11:12 AM

4,498 posts, read 9,381,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clevelandgal View Post
Ok really, fess up, how much time have you spent there? because other than not being dry tampa is equally conservative if not more so, far more culturally bland and HORRIBLY sprawly.

+1. Yeah, I'd probably have to agree with this. It's funny about 3 years ago we went to Tampa while we were in Florida anyway. We had a home exchange credit already from Tampa in a really amazing house so we decided to go there.

During the trip I was talking to a client of mine and I told him I was in Tampa. He said his wife is from Tampa and then asked, "why in the world are you in Tampa....?". LOL.

I can't believe anyone would try to argue that Tampa is better than San Diego. Yuck.

When we went, the economy was bad and we saw tons of businesses boarded up. And we certainly weren't impressed with the city. In fact, we spent more time outside of Tampa visiting friends in St. Pete and Clearwater than in Tampa.

Sure, if someone wants to say San Diego might be overrated I'll respect that opinion. But to try to argue Tampa vs. San Diego is a bit comical, IMHO.

Old 01-11-2013, 03:55 PM

3,038 posts, read 4,774,057 times
Quote:
If you are done with San Diego then why don't you just leave gracefully and find your utopia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego