Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2012, 01:07 PM

2 posts, read 45,106 times

Advertisements

Hi ,

I have got a Traffic violation notice for “Failure to stop at red light while taking right turn” took a right turn at 7mph. This was a Traffic enforced signal so they have all the photos and video - area was Vista,CA (close to san diego). I havn’t got any Traffic violation ticket for 4 years now (got my driving license 4 years back) so I’m planning to contest and request for the first ticket wave off. Do you think it is something which is possible? Please let me know you suggestions.

Thanks
kevin
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2012, 01:32 PM

5,139 posts, read 8,848,721 times
never heard of a first ticket wave off....if you want to fight it, it's probably worth it. But I understand that alot of these vide camera tickets are through private companies not the city you were in. Check the address where you received the ticket and see what the contact is. Good luck...I know these are very expensive.

Old 08-10-2012, 01:56 PM

321 posts, read 541,154 times
Maybe this recent article will help you make a decision on what to do

Photo red-light tickets can be challenged | UTSanDiego.com

Old 08-10-2012, 02:38 PM

15,129 posts, read 32,322,556 times
My ex-neighbor got one, and it cost him $525. He didn't want to do traffic school or contest the ticket, so he also paid the price with his insurance company.

Old 08-10-2012, 03:35 PM

5,742 posts, read 4,697,306 times
Or you just throw it away...

One of the reasons you are forced to appear in person or to view the info online (you have to register yourself to view the info online) is for you to acknowledge that you received the ticket and that you were the driver. This is why you have to sign a ticket when you are get pulled over in person.

If you just throw it away, and don't appear in person or register online to view the onfo, they can't prove you ever received it. And they can't proceed without your acknowledgement.

Paying photo tickets is optional. Google it.

Old 08-10-2012, 06:54 PM

6,893 posts, read 8,934,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxlrod View Post
Or you just throw it away...

One of the reasons you are forced to appear in person or to view the info online (you have to register yourself to view the info online) is for you to acknowledge that you received the ticket and that you were the driver. This is why you have to sign a ticket when you are get pulled over in person.

If you just throw it away, and don't appear in person or register online to view the onfo, they can't prove you ever received it. And they can't proceed without your acknowledgement.

Hmmmm?

Old 08-10-2012, 08:55 PM

321 posts, read 541,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxlrod View Post
Or you just

The city has no problem with the same proof sending unpaid parking tickets to collections and preventing registration, far compounding the problem. I have a feeling they'd do the same with photo tickets.

Old 08-10-2012, 10:58 PM

9,823 posts, read 11,546,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdjimbob View Post
The city has no problem with the same proof sending unpaid parking tickets to collections and preventing registration, far compounding the problem. I have a feeling they'd do the same with photo tickets.
This^^^
No Offense Axxlrod,but that doesn't work here in So.Cal.
The city of San Diego will fine you,suspend your license and then send it to collections.
When you go to get your state tax return Surprise!
Read The UT article posted above it tells you exactly what to do.

Old 08-11-2012, 06:18 AM

4,498 posts, read 9,383,345 times
Yeah, definitely I wouldn't ignore any ticket. I was in Toronto last year and they were doing massive construction on a street. So everyone was turning on this street where it said no turns and go straight. I just followed the crowds of cars turning because there was no way to go straight with all the traffic/construction.

Well the police set up this ambush where they were pulling over massive amounts of people (like 6 cars at a time) and giving them ALL a ticket. I never saw anything like that in my life. I was one of these people that got a ticket. I could tell the cop that pulled me over almost felt embarrassed that he was having to give out such a petty ticket, especially with all the construction going on. He seemed really embarrassed by it.

When the cop saw my USA driver's license he asked me if I planned to be in Canada again in the next year. I told him absolutely not. He then said, "don't bother paying the ticket if you're not going to be in Canada again for the next year". Well I followed that advice and then a few months later I got a letter from a collection agency in the USA saying if I didn't pay it within 30 days they would report the delinquent payment on my credit report and my FICO score would take a hit.

I didn't want to chance it as the FICO is so important these days. I paid the $200 ticket. I doubt ignoring a ticket is going to work in most places and I'd think that the city would eventually just turn it over to a collections agency.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
View detailed profiles of: