Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2012, 11:44 AM

4,630 posts, read 10,247,774 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
The iPhone 5 has turned out to be a real disappoint spec wise. The Samsung Galaxy S4 comes out at the end of January/beginning of Fed and it blows the doors off of the iPhone 5.

Samsung Galaxy S4:
- Exynos 5450 2.0 Ghz (28nm)
- Mali T658
- LPDDR3 2GB Ram
- eMMC Pro Classe 1500
- 16 mp 1080p camera
- 4,5" display ClorOled (358 ppi)
- battery 3200 mAh
- Lte/Lte advanced

Specs will be be better 2-3 months always from now until the end of time. How does that improve 'how' you use your device is the bigger question. I never really understood that 'vs' as it relates to usability between iPhone and others out there.
Android barely even supports multi core chip sets efficiently, yet they are touted in new devices. Makes 0 sense.

Based on my data and expertise, the majority of users and those specs are useless if it doesnt help a user accomplish the tasks they see important. Apple doesnt care but somehow its always brought up as some spec standard. As long as I have used Apple products, its never been their mojo.

For mobile, there are no momunmental accomplishments that will be coming for at least 5 years. Our current LTE infrastructure isnt even true LTE, more like diet 4G. We wont see true LTE for another 5-8 years.

The biggest thing we are wokring on right now is improving battery efficiency of all things. Larger screen, processors etc all just eat up the batteries. lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2012, 11:48 AM

9,798 posts, read 11,469,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
The iPhone 5 has turned out to be a real disappoint spec wise. The Samsung Galaxy S4 comes out at the end of January/beginning of Fed and it blows the doors off of the iPhone 5.

Samsung Galaxy S4:
- Exynos 5450 2.0 Ghz (28nm)
- Mali T658
- LPDDR3 2GB Ram
- eMMC Pro Classe 1500
- 16 mp 1080p camera
- 4,5" display ClorOled (358 ppi)
- battery 3200 mAh
- Lte/Lte advanced
That's all well and good,but the S3 is a fine phone in it's own right!
Samsung Would be no better than apple if they released the S4 in January
The best part of the commercial i posted above is,when the guy is saving a place in line for his parents.
Truth is when my 63 year old dad pick up the iphone 4 last year,it was no longer cool anymore

Old 09-25-2012, 11:49 AM

50,113 posts, read 46,715,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shmoov_groovzsd View Post
Specs will be be better 2-3 months always from now until the end of time. How does that improve 'how' you use your device is the bigger question. I never really understood that 'vs' as it relates to usability between iPhone and others out there.
Android barely even supports multi core chip sets efficiently, yet they are touted in new devices. Makes 0 sense.

Based on my data and expertise, the majority of users and those specs are useless if it doesnt help a user accomplish the tasks they see important. Apple doesnt care but somehow its always brought up as some spec standard. As long as I have used Apple products, its never been their mojo.

For mobile, there are no momunmental accomplishments that will be coming for at least 5 years. Our current LTE infrastructure isnt even true LTE, more like diet 4G. We wont see true LTE for another 5-8 years.

The biggest thing we are wokring on right now is improving battery efficiency of all things. Larger screen, processors etc all just eat up the batteries. lol
I did like the case that is actually a battery! That was cool. I am also interested in a solar case

Old 09-27-2012, 02:02 PM

4,498 posts, read 9,363,741 times
Funny timing. My wife's iphone finally stopped working yesterday. She is the type that will keep a phone until it won't work anymore. She had an original Apple iphone 3Gs.

She was pretty happy with it all these years. We went to the Apple store yesterday to look at the iphone 5 as well as TMobile to look at the Samsung Galaxy 3.

Long story short....she is the new owner of a Samsung Galaxy 3. Beautiful phone with huge screen and very lightweight. I was pretty impressed with it.

Old 09-27-2012, 02:16 PM

601 posts, read 1,446,343 times
I went from a Samsung Epic 4G (Galaxy Class) to the Iphone 4s. Never going back to Samsung (except for TVs and Monitors). To each their own. Congrats.

There's already issues with the 5 as the backing is made of aluminum instead of glass. Problems with scratches on the soft aluminum.

http://www.bgr.com/2012/09/21/iphone...atches-easily/

Old 09-27-2012, 02:53 PM

6,885 posts, read 8,880,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy5 View Post
I went from a Samsung Epic 4G (Galaxy Class) to the Iphone 4s. Never going back to Samsung (except for TVs and Monitors).
]
why

Old 09-27-2012, 05:20 PM

4,498 posts, read 9,363,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloom View Post
why

Yeah, I'd also be curious what you didn't like about the Samsung?

It's only been a day but the only thing that I think could be improved based on what my wife said is the battery seems to drain just as fast as the iPhone. With the huge screens these days, as Shmoov mentioned...I think that's going to be the main thing that companies look to improve.

Old 09-27-2012, 05:59 PM

601 posts, read 1,446,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloom View Post
why
Initially, I loved the phone, the features, the big, vivid touch screen. After a few months, things wents south...

Very short battery life, the phone was always rebooting, difficulty pairing bluetooth to my cars (Acuras) unless I reboot/reset the phone back to its original state, the phone got hot to the touch, touch screen non-responsive then had to remove battery constantly and restart, bad customer support. OS upgrades were hit and miss. Some features would stop working and you'd be wondering if upgrading the OS would be a good idea.

Iphone 4s has been great since I first got it in February.

Old 09-27-2012, 06:13 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,884,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy5 View Post
I went from a Samsung Epic 4G (Galaxy Class) to the Iphone 4s. Never going back to Samsung (except for TVs and Monitors). To each their own. Congrats.

There's already issues with the 5 as the backing is made of aluminum instead of glass. Problems with scratches on the soft aluminum.

iPhone 5 aluminum scratches: black coating easy to scuff
There was a company in the UK which made Titanium iPhone 4s cases so if it really bothers you then you could buy one for the iPhone 5 eventually, I guess. It seems a waste of $400 to me though. Besides, the Galaxy S3 currently beats the iPhone 5 and the S4 is waaaayyyyyy better. In fact, as a general rule I avoid Apple products and their closed source world.

Old 09-27-2012, 06:18 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,884,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shmoov_groovzsd View Post
The S3 is already better than the iPhone 5 because Apple always ships their products with out of date specs where as the S4 will be way, way better than the iPhone 5. We're talking a generation ahead spec wise at least while Apple couldn't even equal the current generation of Android phones. Oh, and the Apple phone costs more and is worse in every way except PPI though Apple's screen is so small who cares especially as the Samsung has a much larger screen so the PPI doesn't matter as much.

As for "do the specs help users do anything better?" Of course it does, if you use any app, watch any video, listen to any music, take any picture, multi task, ever surf the net, or do anything else for that matter than the vastly superior specs will indeed help you do all of that faster, cleaner, and just plain better. This is why Apple has lost the lead to Android and why it will continue to lose market share. Sure, Apple fanboys will continue to buy what ever Apple puts out no matter how inferior it is but most of the market can and will make buying decisions based upon specs, ability, and price (and Apple loses on all of those).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego