Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2012, 02:30 AM

9,822 posts, read 11,544,162 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmoov_groovzsd View Post
Nice hitman.

Yeah that bottleneck can be a pain. Have you thought about 8>15? That could trim some time
I live too close to the 125 and navajo.
Left at the same time yesterday 6:25 didn't get to work till 6:55
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2012, 07:02 PM

Update:
I now take the 67 to and from work.
I leave La Mesa at 6:20 and pull up to work between 6:45-6:50.
The 52 is not bad once you get on it,but the bottleneck to get on the 52 is a pain in the a$$.
The 67 North and Scripps Poway Parkway(near the 67) are full of CHP and Sheriffs speed traps.
I've already had one close call last Friday.
I was going east on Scripps Poway Parkway and a Motorcycle Sheriff was sitting in the middle divider near the 67.
I had just slowed down and the 2 cars behind me got tickets
The 67 is so much faster,guess take the good with the bad.

Old 11-14-2012, 08:22 PM

1,447 posts, read 2,744,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
Update:
I now take the 67 to and from work.
I leave La Mesa at 6:20 and pull up to work between 6:45-6:50.
The 52 is not bad once you get on it,but the bottleneck to get on the 52 is a pain in the a$$.
The 67 North and Scripps Poway Parkway(near the 67) are full of CHP and Sheriffs speed traps.
I've already had one close call last Friday.
I was going east on Scripps Poway Parkway and a Motorcycle Sheriff was sitting in the middle divider near the 67.
I had just slowed down and the 2 cars behind me got tickets
The 67 is so much faster,guess take the good with the bad.
They patrol that area because it is a 'safety corridor'. There have been many gnarly accidents along that stretch of highway so they try to control it more.

Also note that there is a section of the 67 in which you must always have your headlights on, although I think that is north of where you travel.

Old 11-18-2012, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by futbol View Post
They patrol that area because it is a 'safety corridor'. There have been many gnarly accidents along that stretch of highway so they try to control it more.
Yea i know that!
I had good friend in high school almost lose her life on that road.
I also found out yesterday my sons travel ball coach(CHP)patrols that area of road.
He started to tell some real horror stories about that road,definitely but some things in perspective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by futbol View Post
Also note that there is a section of the 67 in which you must always have your headlights on, although I think that is north of where you travel.
yea!
as you start to go up the mountain there's a big sign on the right.
Also as you come down the mountain there' a bunch of signs that say "turn on your headlights"
Hugh ticket if you don't have your light on.

All in all i love the 67 freeway over the 52 to 15
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego