Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2012, 10:51 PM

1 posts, read 4,306 times

Advertisements

Sorry for the late reply but if you are still having second thoughts, I wanted to tell you that I am a current student at Mira Mesa high school and gangs are not a problem. I am Asian my self and I have friends that are in a gang and trust me, the gangsters don't like me but they won't do anything about it because Asians know their limits. Being white in this school is no big deal because no one is racist and everyone is friendly. Of course like every other highschool, you have your typical drug dealers but a simple no will send them on their way. Never snitch though because that might cause significant problems.. Instead, tell a friend and maybe word will get out and that drug dealer might be searched by the school police and problem solved. Mira Mesa is a friendly place to be but stay away from the recreational center (rec) because that's where most gang and drug activity takes place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2012, 01:40 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,905,875 times
There are no and have never been any gangs in Mira Mesa High School. What we do have are some racial bigots outside of Mira Mesa who see that the area is half non-white (half Asian to be exact) and then they ASSUME bad things. Let us be clear, those people do not have even the slightest clue what they are talking about and they are more than likely racial bigots making sweeping statement based upon nothing more than skin color.

Old 11-09-2012, 11:27 AM

9,525 posts, read 30,473,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwaboy View Post
How are these related to MMHS? I'm not connecting the dots.
teens + gangs

Old 11-09-2012, 03:07 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,905,875 times
That's just a list of random crimes in the Mira Mesa area over the last three years. Yes, it is the biggest suburb/community in the whole city so it will have some crime but the over all crime rate is very low especially for violent crime. Also not a single one of those has anything to do with MMHS. Not one. Most of them were also adults in their early to mid 20's so I don't even seen a teen connection to your list.

Old 11-09-2012, 03:31 PM

9,525 posts, read 30,473,115 times
Trick-or-treaters attacked in Mira Mesa
Teen wounded in shooting in Mira Mesa | UTSanDiego.com
19 gang members arrested in probe of killing, attacks | The San Diego Union-Tribune
Gunman fires at 2 adults, child in Mira Mesa | UTSanDiego.com

If you still want to live in denial, try this one. It's from SDPD.
http://www.popcenter.org/library/awa...2011/11-10.pdf

"When one maps Asian gang violence in the 420 square miles of the city of San Diego, Asian
gang shootings are clustered in three specific areas, Mira Mesa, SE San Diego and Paradise Valley"

"Mira Mesa based Asian Crips seemed to be the most active group and were responsible for a great deal
of the gang crimes. They were at the center of the retaliatory violence and were most adept at hiding
weapons in homes where the police lacked a method of getting into the house legally. "

It ain't the 90's anymore, and I wouldn't say that Mira Mesa is some sort of dangerous gang infested place, but the reality is what it is, there is a gang problem there. And since most gang members are basically little kids, you're going to get it in the school, unfortunately.

Old 11-12-2012, 11:18 AM

3,038 posts, read 4,775,369 times
We lived in Poway for 20 years and our son went to Twin Peaks Middle School and Poway High School. Both schools are excellent and the Poway Unified School district is one of the highest rated school districts in the country. To me it is a no brainer as I would pick Poway though I wouldn't be too keen on living at my parents home. Not only does Poway have better schools but it is a great safe city.

Old 11-12-2012, 04:57 PM

12 posts, read 31,344 times
Had to sign up and post once I read that there were no gangs in Mira Mesa (after calming down from laughing so hard). I lived off Camino Ruiz and Calle Cristobal for a total of 5 years and was witness to the result of one drive by gang shooting that left a young man dead (yes, a 23 year old Asian man from Mira Mesa) in his car next door to Mira Mesa High as well as hearing the gunshots of another drive by a few months later in the parking lot of my condo complex. I got the heck out of the area one year later. Way too close to home. I talked with the police at the time and basically confirmed that gangs are alive and well in that neighborhood. Not random acts of violence as one poster claims. Talk to any reasonably intelligent person in the area and you will know that gang violence is a fear among neighbors.

Old 11-12-2012, 05:23 PM

788 posts, read 1,876,910 times
Mira mesa has gangs. So does Chula Vista. and Santee. and Carlsbad. and Oceanside. and Encinitas.

There are gangs everywhere. Does that mean they have infiltrated every high school??

That being said.....

"typical drug dealers" "don't snitch it could cause problems"

Sorry, but the scenario you mentioned is not the norm in a safe high school. If that really is what MMHS is like, then it may have some problems with gangs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego