Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2012, 05:49 PM

12 posts, read 44,009 times

Advertisements

Well, I am really bummed to learn that San Diego began fluoridating the water
When I retire I want to move to an area that does not add industrial fluoride to its water system.
Please note: I do realize that there are natural fluorides in the water; I am simply wanting to avoid the
added fluorides: Hexafluorosilicic acid or sodium silicofluoride

Does anyone know of cities in California that do not add fluoride? (I have found a very few... but I think there may be a website list I have not yet located.)

Your help is appreciated.

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2012, 09:01 PM

3,633 posts, read 6,170,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gardeniabee View Post
Well, I am really bummed to learn that San Diego began fluoridating the water
When I retire I want to move to an area that does not add industrial fluoride to its water system.
Please note: I do realize that there are natural fluorides in the water; I am simply wanting to avoid the
added fluorides: Hexafluorosilicic acid or sodium silicofluoride

Does anyone know of cities in California that do not add fluoride? (I have found a very few... but I think there may be a website list I have not yet located.)

Your help is appreciated.

Thank you!
Davis, CA, outside of Sacramento, gets its water from a series of municipal wells. There is no added fluoride, but occasionally a well is shut down because of testing for excess heavy metals. The last one I'm aware of was closed in the early-mid 2000s (when I lived there) due to high levels of selenium.

Old 11-11-2012, 08:55 AM

1 posts, read 3,158 times
Buy a reverse osmosis system and live anywhere you want.....

Old 11-19-2012, 10:45 AM

Thanks, I've been thinking about that too; and I have located a couple sources that sell shower-head treatments. I suppose that is okay.
I've sometimes wondered about the "life" of the water, the structure that is altered by chemcial treatments and then trying to remove them, such as one learns about in homeopathy, for example BHA: How does homeopathy work? .

Old 11-19-2012, 11:29 AM

7,242 posts, read 7,904,172 times
Homeopathy is for cranks and scam artists and every single medical association on the planet has said so. BTW the conspiracy theory about flouride in the water being bad for you or a "mind control device used by the government" goes back to the right wing quacks in the John Birch Society in the 1950's. There is absolutely no science behind it while all the science supports it. It's right up there with the vaccines cause autism conspiracy theory for being utter nonsense.

BTW I suspect it is the same poster who has supported these conspiracy theories in the past who keeps registering new user names and putting this junk up over and over again in new threads.

Old 11-19-2012, 04:33 PM

Pranam and Namaste,

and good for you for being well-informed and able to trust the government agencies. I see that your reputation here is high, well-regarded. I appreciate your response.

I've discovered in recent years that they tend not to be truthful. However, perhaps I will reverse my opinion as I research further.

Peace and goodwill
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego