Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2013, 06:38 PM

6 posts, read 12,584 times

Advertisements

I'm looking at renting a house in one of the oak park neighborhoods. It looks like from the Crime Mapping site that the biggest issue is stolen cars. Most of the neighborhoods seem pretty settled and quiet.

Any Oak Park or Redwood renters or owners have any opinions they'd like to share?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2013, 06:49 PM

9,824 posts, read 11,554,110 times
Oak park as a whole is nice.
A lot of retired people that look out for each other in this area.
When you go back towards 54st it can get pretty dicey

Old 01-16-2013, 08:09 PM

This is my impression as well. Overall a good place. When I drive through during the day, the streets are empty as many people are off at work and not hanging out. The more time I spend there the more I like it.

If I were to buy a home, I might be able to afford one in this area and fix it up. My feeling is that over time the area will get nicer as home prices grow, but I'm no expert.

I've been pleased at how fast I can get to the 8 from here as well. On a motorcycle, it's less than 10 min.

Old 01-17-2013, 12:01 PM

9,527 posts, read 30,483,812 times
It's fine just find a place in the interior of the neighborhood. The only really gross areas are the main streets (54th is a mess) and as such the streets adjacent get some spillover of noise, grime, crime. IMO it's a lot nicer than the neighborhoods right on the other side of the freeway. IMO Oak Park is nicer than Redwood Village because there are fewer apartments.

Old 01-21-2013, 05:31 PM

1 posts, read 1,704 times
I live in Oak Park and love it. My neighbors are all great and they look out for me. I haven't had any problems, other than my friend's car got keyed once.

I love that it's central, and that freeway access is a snap. The only real drawback for me is that there really isn't a whole lot to do in Oak Park. There aren't a lot of local sit-down restaurants or coffee shops, etc. so it lacks that neighborhood feel.

Definitely check out Chiquitas restaurant. Some of the best Mexican food.

Old 02-01-2013, 12:34 PM

Good to know.

I saw this thread and it made me wonder: //www.city-data.com/forum/san-d...community.html

I actually walked some the area I want live and talked to some home owners I heard good things about living there. Sure, there are plenty of nicer areas but the individuals I spoke with had nothing bad to say except for the schools.

Old 02-02-2013, 11:26 PM

15 posts, read 27,451 times
Oak Park can be shady at night the parks there have gangs smoking pot & drinking who at times break-into cars..But the 54th street corridor can be even worse especially the East side of 54th street.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
View detailed profiles of: