Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2013, 07:50 AM

50,262 posts, read 47,023,439 times

Advertisements

I need help

Pathetic message
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2013, 11:09 AM

1,336 posts, read 1,823,738 times
"Good Morning America" covered the story this morning. As they covered the "sexual harrassment" allegations they showed Donna Frye's press conference in the background. If you don't live here, you would think she was the one he was accussed of harrassing. She looked so pathetic at that conference. Just an observation. If I was watching this from anywhere but San Diego and knew nothing, I would have thought "Why is that old man picking on (sexually harassing) that old Surfer Chick?"

Old 07-12-2013, 11:31 AM

4,498 posts, read 9,382,682 times
Funny I was just speaking to another CD member/friend yesterday and we were talking about San Diego politics. One of the things I told him is that many locals just don't care about politics and probably a majority couldn't even name who the Mayor was.

This article below I thought was spot on target and talks about some of the same things we chatted about. The locals lack of local civics. I thought it was a good read.

I just think much of the lack of involvement stems from the transitional nature of San Diego as well. There are always people coming and going or from other places and they don't really care about local politics or local initiatives. It takes a LONG time for this type of pattern to change. But a big part of that is having a good leader at the helm.

Filner Latest In String of Embattled San Diego Mayors | NBC 7 San Diego

No way Filner can survive this. Every informal poll and survey I've seen out there widely says they don't think he deserves a second chance and should resign immediately. No way he can be effective now, IMHO.

Last edited by earlyretirement; 07-12-2013 at 12:17 PM..

Old 07-12-2013, 12:26 PM

43 posts, read 67,455 times
He has to go. If he will not go, then we recall him.
San Diego cannot fall into the trap of so many other cities with corrupt and troubled mayors with a strangle hold on power. Let's face it, the only reason this guy was elected is union strong arm power and special interests. Recall Filner and send a message to them all.

Old 07-12-2013, 12:56 PM

9,822 posts, read 11,544,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyinca View Post
She looked so pathetic at that conference. Just an observation. If I was watching this from anywhere but San Diego and knew nothing, I would have thought "Why is that old man picking on (sexually harassing) that old Surfer Chick?"
Ha! Ha!
That's what i took out of it.That's why i said what said 2 pages ago.Shes trying to look like a victim.

Old 07-12-2013, 01:29 PM

Donna Frye always reminded me of Janice from the muppet's band.

Old 07-12-2013, 02:01 PM

4,750 posts, read 3,566,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cessna_Driver View Post
San Diego cannot fall into the trap of so many other cities with corrupt and troubled mayors with a strangle hold on power.
We're a few decades too late for that.

Old 07-12-2013, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
We're a few decades too late for that.
But we can at least try not to become the California Chicago.

Old 07-12-2013, 03:01 PM

1,336 posts, read 1,823,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earlyretirement View Post
Funny I was just speaking to another CD member/friend yesterday and we were talking about San Diego politics. One of the things I told him is that many locals just don't care about politics and probably a majority couldn't even name who the Mayor was.

This article below I thought was spot on target and talks about some of the same things we chatted about. The locals lack of local civics. I thought it was a good read.

I just think much of the lack of involvement stems from the transitional nature of San Diego as well. There are always people coming and going or from other places and they don't really care about local politics or local initiatives. It takes a LONG time for this type of pattern to change. But a big part of that is having a good leader at the helm.

Filner Latest In String of Embattled San Diego Mayors | NBC 7 San Diego

No way Filner can survive this. Every informal poll and survey I've seen out there widely says they don't think he deserves a second chance and should resign immediately. No way he can be effective now, IMHO.
I am a native and so my husband, ages 52 and 55 and I agree with the article. We remember "Mayor Pete" very well, and of course those seem like the good ole days, in many ways. He was very popular as was "Mayor Mo", what a mess since then. I also agree no way can Filner survive this and he can't be effective. I want him gone, the sooner the better for the city. This is so embarassing...

Old 07-12-2013, 03:23 PM

1,331 posts, read 2,334,779 times
I keep hearing about a woman who was once mayor of San Diego that had a gambling problem...am I wrong? I think she became mayor before I was born so I don't remember her, people just keep talking about her lately.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego