Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2013, 11:16 AM

4,498 posts, read 9,383,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyGirl1 View Post
Why would his pension double?
Here it is: http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2013/...ome/all/?print

"He is also eligible for a city pension, including time accrued during a previous stint on the City Council. His pension will jump in value if he completes one year as mayor. Filner’s start date last year was Dec. 3. If Filner remains in office until his anniversary date, his city pension payment will nearly double, from more than $10,200 to more than $19,700"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2013, 12:50 PM

43 posts, read 67,462 times
New Poll.....

10News/U-T San Diego Monday.
Of the 600 respondents, 77 percent believe Filner should resign. If he does not, 68 percent said they would back a recall effort against him.
Meanwhile, only 16 percent of San Diegans believe Filner should remain in office.
According to the survey, the percentage of San Diegans calling the mayor's resignation has risen – from 59 percent on July 12 to 69 percent on July 24 and Monday's figure at 77 percent.
Calls for a recall have also grown from 60 percent on July 26 to 68 percent on Monday.
--------------------------------

I think it's become a moral imperative to show the nation that NO, San Diego does not want this man representing us he is NOT what San Diego is about.

I know the unions are quaking in their boots about this too. They really need this guy in and they are about to lose their golden ticket.

Old 08-05-2013, 01:25 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,277,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cessna_Driver View Post
New Poll.....

10News/U-T San Diego Monday.
Of the 600 respondents, 77 percent believe Filner should resign. If he does not,68 percent said they would back a recall effort against him.
Meanwhile, only 16 percent of San Diegans believe Filner should remain in office.
And in a related poll, 16% of San Diegans were found to be insane.

Old 08-05-2013, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
And in a related poll, 16% of San Diegans were found to be insane.
LOL. Too bad these 16% aren't required to wear a neon florescent yellow T-shirt that says, "I'm one of the 16% that don't believe Mayor Filner should resign".

Old 08-05-2013, 04:18 PM

4,582 posts, read 3,408,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earlyretirement View Post
LOL. Too bad these 16% aren't required to wear a neon florescent yellow T-shirt that says, "I'm one of the 16% that don't believe Mayor Filner should resign".

I'm contacting Vistaprint right now, I'll sell them on ebay for maybe $12.99.

Old 08-05-2013, 04:28 PM

10,090 posts, read 42,418,125 times
Quote:
Here it is: Filner's financial picture for legal bills | UTSanDiego.com

"He is also eligible for a city pension, including time accrued during a previous stint on the City Council. His pension will jump in value if he completes one year as mayor. Filner’s start date last year was Dec. 3. If Filner remains in office until his anniversary date, his city pension payment will nearly double, from more than $10,200 to more than $19,700"
Thanks for the link!

Old 08-05-2013, 05:07 PM

6,893 posts, read 8,934,496 times
Quote:
Here it is: Filner's financial picture for legal bills | UTSanDiego.com

those figures are annual?

Old 08-05-2013, 05:23 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,100,379 times
Quote:
I was reading yesterday that if Filner makes it to December, one of his pensions will double. So maybe that doesn't hurt him either that he is trying to ride this thing out a few months so his pension doubles.
They will drug him and put him on a one way to Botswana. Let him try to get out of there.

Old 08-05-2013, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by armourereric View Post
I'm contacting Vistaprint right now, I'll sell them on ebay for maybe $12.99.
Ha, ha. Yeah. And on the back of the T-shirt don't forget to print, "I voted for Bob Filner and all I got was this lousy T-shirt".

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyGirl1 View Post
Thanks for the link!
De nada.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloom View Post
those figures are annual?
Yep. That is an annual estimate. Quite honestly for a career politician that is 70 years old I was surprised this guy doesn't have a higher net worth. Congressmen make some pretty good salaries, and it looks like his properties still have mortgages on them and his investments are nothing to write home about. So, it looks like he was banking on the fact that he would be getting multiple pensions to live off of. It looks like he has been pretty lousy with his investments which don't really surprise me much considering all his other poor decision making abilities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
They will drug him and put him on a one way to Botswana. Let him try to get out of there.
Well, look at it from another perspective. This guy has NO future political OR professional career left. None, zilch, nada, NOTHING. So he might be looking at it from a perspective of "screw them what do I have to lose". Even if he gets recalled, it will take months and months and months. He can easily ride out the recall process and make it to December and then nearly double his Pension.

So from his perspective, he has no shame, he has NO future in anything and even if he gets recalled he has nothing to lose until riding this thing out until December. From a pension standpoint he will come out ahead waiting this out until December.

Despicable. I hate this guy.

Old 08-05-2013, 07:15 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,277,252 times
Quote:
Ha, ha. Yeah. And on the back of the T-shirt don't forget to print, "I voted for Bob Filner and all I got was this lousy T-shirt".
Maybe the women's shirts should read "I voted for Bob Filner and all I got was a tongue jammed down my throat."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego