Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2013, 01:29 PM

10,090 posts, read 42,415,243 times

Advertisements

Mountain lion sighting in 4S Ranch - San Diego, California News Station - KFMB Channel 8 - cbs8.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2013, 01:47 PM

50,263 posts, read 47,023,439 times

Old 03-12-2013, 01:59 PM

1,566 posts, read 4,423,803 times
This guy stops by my New Mexico place a couple times a month and has never caused problems. If the bobcat is sick, it may cause trouble, but when they're healthy they pretty much keep to themselves.

Old 03-12-2013, 02:04 PM

50,263 posts, read 47,023,439 times
Still makes me laugh that people mistake a 25 lb cat for a 125 lb cat.

Old 03-12-2013, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmguy View Post
This guy stops by my New Mexico place a couple times a month and has never caused problems. If the bobcat is sick, it may cause trouble, but when they're healthy they pretty much keep to themselves.
Sooooo beautiful!
Last I saw, nothing turned up on the Mountain Lion or Bobcat, or whatever it may have been. For all we know, Soccer Mom saw "Fluffy" and freaked.

Old 03-12-2013, 05:10 PM

1,447 posts, read 2,744,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyGirl1 View Post
Sooooo beautiful!
Last I saw, nothing turned up on the Mountain Lion or Bobcat, or whatever it may have been. For all we know, Soccer Mom saw "Fluffy" and freaked.
An adult mountain lion was found run over in that same area a couple of years ago.

Old 03-12-2013, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by futbol View Post
An adult mountain lion was found run over in that same area a couple of years ago.
Oh, I know that they are there. My son has seen them in the Park where he rides his mountain bike by Lake Hodges.

Like mentioned above, how can someone mix up the two? Just a tad of a size difference!

Old 03-12-2013, 06:13 PM

4,498 posts, read 9,382,682 times
Quote:
I was driving on Camino del Sur a few months ago and I saw a dead coyote on the side of the road. It was clear that a car hit it. I was surprised at how big it was. You always hear about these scrawny coyotes in the area but it was rather large.

Since moving in the area I occasionally see warnings about Mountain Lions being spotted. Man, I'd hate to run into one hiking in the area. I think it would freak me out.

Old 03-12-2013, 06:51 PM

1,447 posts, read 2,744,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyGirl1 View Post
Oh, I know that they are there. My son has seen them in the Park where he rides his mountain bike by Lake Hodges.

Like mentioned above, how can someone mix up the two? Just a tad of a size difference!
Yes, big difference, but mountain lions are supposed to be very difficult to spot. I'd love to get a picture of one in the wild.

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlyretirement View Post
I was driving on Camino del Sur a few months ago and I saw a dead coyote on the side of the road. It was clear that a car hit it. I was surprised at how big it was. You always hear about these scrawny coyotes in the area but it was rather large.

Since moving in the area I occasionally see warnings about Mountain Lions being spotted. Man, I'd hate to run into one hiking in the area. I think it would freak me out.
An acquaintance ran into an adult mountain lion in Penasquitos Canyon during the day several years ago. It was hanging out in the shade under trees/brush making hissing/gargling noises (not threatening, those cats just do that). He was with his family and just stopped, then quietly walked by.

Old 03-12-2013, 07:01 PM

4,498 posts, read 9,382,682 times
Quote:
Y

An acquaintance ran into an adult mountain lion in Penasquitos Canyon during the day several years ago. It was hanging out in the shade under trees/brush making hissing/gargling noises (not threatening, those cats just do that). He was with his family and just stopped, then quietly walked by.

Yep futbol. That's typically where some sightings are. In that general area. There used to be a lot more land near there but they are developing a huge tract of land now just adjacent to it and 4S Ranch. Amazing to see how quickly they are developing that land.

I guess with the great weather here they have so much time to work. Going at a pretty good clip.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego