Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2013, 05:03 PM

4,498 posts, read 9,384,106 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyGirl1 View Post
My other thought is...call button, for those that come to that gate, re visitors, delivery men, etc...is attached to the phone as well. I will look into it tho! Thanks for the suggestion!

Yep. These days many people have ditched their traditional landline phones. The only reason I have one is because my security system requires it to be hooked up to a landline phone so I got a line just for that reason only. I use a VOIP and it works well. Been using it for a long time. I have one of those plans where you can call unlimited international calls. Since I have clients all over the world I'm always calling overseas. Works out great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2013, 06:14 PM

4,630 posts, read 10,274,962 times
If its voice that is most important then stick with the majors. There might be some trade off in marginal areas between them as mentioned. Verizon has the strictest field test performance metrics for phones to pass and be sold under their brand. While the mvno variety are very loose and while most of the time should be OK for most general use , could be lackluster in some of he spotty areas.

Last edited by shmoov_groovzsd; 03-15-2013 at 06:27 PM..

Old 03-18-2013, 05:49 PM

1 posts, read 950 times
I live on 92114 area, we've had them for about 13 years as well, however we don't have decent reception where we live. Either we used to drop calls or not get them at all, they sent us an Airave so we can have cell phone coverage, but recently Airave stopped allowing our cell phones to send or receive text messages (which we use for work purposes only). We were so sick of it that we wanted to switch to another provider, however everybody else's fees are insane, specially Verizon and AT&T. Before you decide to change, look at the charges that other carriers have, you will see that they are insane, but you get better coverage I'm sure. I decided to upgrade the phones which have a better technology and they seem to be working so much better. The ones we had were HTC Evo Shift, we now have Samsung Galaxy Note II and they are working nicely, although we still cant send/receive messages if our units are close to the airave equipment (s0 we walk away from the unit and then we can send/rcv texts.) If we want a decent call we get close to the unit. So I guess we pay for what we get...

Old 03-31-2013, 11:30 PM

5 posts, read 9,255 times
I ended up going with AT&T. So far has been great, reception and coverage is amazing and with all iPhone's now life is so much better. It is $240 a month but very well worth it. All things considered I was paying $180 for 3 non smart phones with no data at all and 2500 minutes / 1000 text messages. I have not had any issues with coverage, very few in very remote areas but that's expected, and the speed is great. Customer service is suppose to be a pain but that's a later issue, if I have any I will go into the store and get it solved that way.

Old 04-01-2013, 07:25 PM

21 posts, read 48,723 times
LOL! Guess they didn't see your update.
I saw it earlier. Thanks for letting us know how it is going. We are moving to the area soon and recently renewed our contract with AT&T and can't change for a while. Good to hear you are having success with them so far.

Old 01-22-2014, 11:47 AM

5 posts, read 9,255 times
I am now almost a full year in with AT&T and have yet to report any issues. As I drive all over the entire county I rarely have a lost call or loss of coverage. Out in campo is the only spot there is a section on buckman springs rd that puts me international for some reason but it's only for about a block or two. Everywhere else is fine I'm usually on LTE occasionally 4g never less though. Shorty spots in the mountains on the way to Julian but only because it's hard to get reception at all with being surrounded by them. I also recently made a trip up north to Santa Maria which is about 5 hours away from SD and had no service issues at all. No billing mishaps, no problems to call about.

I am also glad I stayed away from T-Mobile, as my friend who has their unlimited package has a lot of connectivity issues to the internet, calling and texting lots of times and uses my phone in most those cases cause he does not have coverage or can not use the service for one reason or another...

Overall I can say I am beyond pleased and definitely recommend them. Hope this gives a little insight for anyone who needs help choosing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego