Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2016, 03:05 PM

7,409 posts, read 6,547,418 times

Advertisements

I definitely run into more than my fair share of people from Massachusetts in SD, and enjoy pissing them off wearing my Yankees cap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdurbanite View Post
When was the last time anyone has met a recent Midwest transplant? The 80's are long gone. SD is too expensive for most of them. Most of the people who move here now are from other expensive cities like NYC, DC, SF, LA, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2016, 03:07 PM

5,291 posts, read 12,737,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elchevere View Post
I definitely run into more than my fair share of people from Massachusetts in SD, and enjoy pissing them off wearing my Yankees cap.
I've met more people from DC and NYC. I keep telling them to bring their friends!

Old 03-12-2016, 03:22 PM

Send some of them down my way in DT, other than the first week of July when they will descend upon Petco Park.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdurbanite View Post
I've met more people from DC and NYC. I keep telling them to bring their friends!

Old 03-12-2016, 03:29 PM

892 posts, read 859,497 times
Rude and nasty? Compared to what I guess.

Maybe Iowans are friendlier, but definitely Southern Californians are more 'polite' than people on the East Coast or Florida as an example. People show more courtesy towards pedestrians, will honk less and be less abrasive (but simultaneously be more passive aggressive).

Old 03-12-2016, 04:00 PM

Hey Majami...what brings you our West?....I agree with passive aggressive but I guess it depends how you define rude and polite....if someone is driving and waits 10 seconds after the light has turned green to proceed forward or if a pedestrian is crossing the street when they shouldn't (i.e. I have the green light with the rightaway and they don't and take their sweet ass time, i.e. jaywalking), then I will use my horn....when somebody insists on getting on an elevator before they let me off regardless of gender, leaves their sweat on gym equipment without wiping it off, insists on taking the one inch between myself and a wall to my right (as if I'm invisible) when they have 50 feet to their right and acts as though I'm the one who should move, or does not acknowledge me with a simple thank you--as I do--after I hold a door open for them, then I will use my mouth--no matter what city I am in.

I'm very familiar with the constant rants about the aggressive Miami drivers and other situations, etc. etc. from the CD Miami board, however. Call NY'ers rude, if you will, but they will point these things out (in NY or elsewhere)--of course, it depends when are where you are (i.e. rush hour trying to catch a subway or a taxi, all bets are off, but then you are dealing with thousands of people in a cramped area trying to get somewhere all at once which is quite uncommon in most other cities outside of stadium venues). Chicago is a notable exception, but then again it is a much more easily navigable city than Manhattan (you can actually drive and move in DT Chicago). I try to exercise common sense and common courtesy as much as possible but make the mistake of expecting others to do the same by holding them to the same standards (except when in sports bars, LOL)....almost all common courtesy seems to have gone out the window at most airports and on most airplanes these days. I present to you Exhibit A:

http://ktla.com/2016/03/10/video-sho...rlines-flight/

This thread is almost similar to one right now on the CD-Miami board....does Miami get hate from the rest of the state.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majami View Post
Rude and nasty? Compared to what I guess.

Maybe Iowans are friendlier, but definitely Southern Californians are more 'polite' than people on the East Coast or Florida as an example. People show more courtesy towards pedestrians, will honk less and be less abrasive (but simultaneously be more passive aggressive).

Last edited by elchevere; 03-12-2016 at 05:00 PM..

Old 03-12-2016, 04:57 PM

1,600 posts, read 939,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joryjim View Post
Del Mar had some of the nastiest people I've ever seen. I'm from Oregon and Idaho. People treat others with kindness and respect where I come from. Maybe it's that Californians are too competitive with each other. Too hung up on the money chase to impress their friends.
This is ridiculous...people in San Diego are some of the nicest I've met, and I've lived all over. Usually when I see threads like this, it's someone trying to make themselves feel better by thinking these rich, beautiful people are really miserable, when in fact they're not...they're probably really happy. Stop trying to read into things and convince yourself otherwise.

Old 03-12-2016, 05:23 PM

5 posts, read 5,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Flying Dutchman View Post
At least I can respect the Bay Area for being blatantly liberal whereas the SoCal liberal is really just faux-conservative.
Very true. I hate SoCal, I wish that place would fall into the ocean already. The people in SoCal are so shallow, and superficial, and they are absolutely NOT liberal. Most people who live in SoCal don't even like being around people of different races for gods sake, and they're so superficial all they care about is how much money you make, and they try to hide their superficial attitudes and their racism but it still shows.

Old 03-13-2016, 08:22 AM

35 posts, read 77,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake McCray View Post
Very true. I hate SoCal, I wish that place would fall into the ocean already. The people in SoCal are so shallow, and superficial, and they are absolutely NOT liberal. Most people who live in SoCal don't even like being around people of different races for gods sake, and they're so superficial all they care about is how much money you make, and they try to hide their superficial attitudes and their racism but it still shows.
This is sarcasm right?

Old 03-13-2016, 08:58 AM

21,734 posts, read 16,341,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helluvaengineer View Post
This is sarcasm right?
Read his other posts. Clearly hasn't been getting any lately.

Old 03-13-2016, 09:29 AM

6,893 posts, read 8,933,303 times
Rude and nasty are the Trump supporters wherever they are, and also rascist, violent, and the dumbest people on the planet
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego