Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2013, 03:43 PM

1,665 posts, read 2,975,487 times

Advertisements

And a guy hitting a buck forty would help improve that how? Especially when you lose Cashner in the process.

Seriously, man, think it through. You rely on a hack job propaganda piece that even the Screw-T would consider below them for that $40 million payroll, even though that's three years old. And then you act as if having a guy who hit a buck forty would make things so much better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2013, 09:56 AM

9,824 posts, read 11,551,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyinsd View Post
And a guy hitting a buck forty would help improve that how? Especially when you lose Cashner in the process.

Seriously, man, think it through. You rely on a hack job propaganda piece that even the Screw-T would consider below them for that $40 million payroll, even though that's three years old. And then you act as if having a guy who hit a buck forty would make things so much better.
I'm Not relying on any hack job Propaganda.I'm relying on the history of this organizations lies to the public dating back to Tom Werner ownership days.Was you living in San Diego during and after the fire sale?(yes I know we got back Andy Ashby and Trevor Hoffman in trade)
All I'm saying is,the padres need to be straight up when dealing with the public.
Example:
What they should of said is:
Padres are looking to add another arm at a huge discount,because we are a small market team.

Old 04-11-2013, 10:06 AM

1,447 posts, read 2,745,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
All I'm saying is,the padres need to be straight up when dealing with the public.
They should act like a team that is ranked 18th in MLB valuation.

MLB Team Values: The Business Of Baseball - Full List - Forbes

I would be ok with them coming out and saying they are not going after any high-priced free agents, but be up front and honest with fans.

Old 04-12-2013, 09:16 AM

How about them Padres?

Los Angeles Dodgers vs San Diego Padres brawl | HD - YouTube

At lease we won the fight
I was just preparing my son,a pitcher for this the other day!

Old 04-12-2013, 11:33 AM

18,982 posts, read 32,663,382 times
^ saw that last night. I guess Kemp confronted Quentin after the game too as they were leaving the stadium. Pretty crazy and Greinke was an idiot for lowering his shoulder and now he has a broken collar bone.

Old 04-12-2013, 12:13 PM

1,830 posts, read 2,152,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
^ saw that last night. I guess Kemp confronted Quentin after the game too as they were leaving the stadium. Pretty crazy and Greinke was an idiot for lowering his shoulder and now he has a broken collar bone.
Greinke is the idiot? Really? Who was the one charging?

Old 04-12-2013, 12:16 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,663,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Illusive Man View Post
Greinke is the idiot? Really? Who was the one charging?
Perhaps Greinke shouldn't have beaned him for the 3rd time, ever think of that one? Yeah he's an idiot for lowering his shoulder to a behometh like Quentin coming towards you.

Old 04-12-2013, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
Perhaps Greinke shouldn't have beaned him for the 3rd time, ever think of that one? Yeah he's an idiot for lowering his shoulder to a behometh like Quentin coming towards you.
This^^^^
Greinke was clearly at fault.
That ball was up and in!
I think his collar bone got broke at the bottom of the pile.

Old 04-12-2013, 01:12 PM

1,665 posts, read 2,975,487 times
The ball was up and in, and for all the talk of how Quentin leaned over the plate to get hit, that's baloney. The pitch was inside and off the plate.

It looked like Quentin was annoyed and irritated but okay with shooting dirty looks at Greinke. But then Greinke said something, and it was on.

I don't blame Quentin for charging the mound at that point, and I don't blame Greinke for trying to get the best of Quentin at that point. Greinke's tackling form wasn't bad, but the difference between a football player and a baseball player is that shoulder pads absorb the impact.

Old 04-12-2013, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyinsd View Post
Greinke's tackling form wasn't bad, but the difference between a football player and a baseball player is that shoulder pads absorb the impact.
Geinke had him(he was the lower of the two)
Next time he's got to keep his head up,chest out,wrap up,keep his feet moving to have a chance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego