Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2013, 02:47 PM

2 posts, read 1,726 times

Advertisements

I am in college and it requires co op job in order to graduate. It is just a sox month period where we work (paid) in the real world and what not. My boyfriend and I have been thinking we want to live in San Diego and would want to test it out with our co op jobs. We will have jobs before we move and the jobs for our majors tend to pay well (12-20$ per hour)
What areas would be safe but still affordable for a young couple? We are looking to rent a studio or 1br for between 900-1700/ month.
We are also not really into nightlife or any of that. So we about that much. He is a computer science major and I am graphic design.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2013, 03:13 PM

6,420 posts, read 11,593,857 times
There are very few neighborhoods in San Diego that won't be safe for you. Since you aren't really into nightlife, there are very few neighborhoods that won't be suitable for you. And most neighborhoods fall somewhere within your price range.

So I would suggest you decide where your jobs will be, and then rent something that will minimize your commute.

Old 04-09-2013, 04:22 PM

2 posts, read 1,726 times
Any idea where the less expensive 900-1300/ month places would be

Old 04-09-2013, 04:58 PM

490 posts, read 1,555,617 times
Look in North Park, South Park, Hillcrest, University Heights, Golden Hill, Normal Heights-- all areas with young people, all walkable areas with bars, resturants, clubs, groceries, drug stores, etc. Best bet is to drive around those areas, look for "for rent" signs out front. Also downtown is good. There are cute little condos/studios tucked away in all these areas that may not be listed online.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego