Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2013, 06:28 PM

4,630 posts, read 10,274,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro2000 View Post
Marina District, Gaslamp, East Village, etc are all close to one another. You could walk from one to the other in a very short period of time. I don't even know what they consider the 'real marina district' because most of that is a park, big hotels, the convention center, toursits, etc. You have the condos and apartment complexes, but are they really a part of the marina? You won't get some bay view unless you live in the Marriott or Hilton and so on.

The CCDC no long exists and in its place is Civic SD. At least this is where I learned where the dividing lines were when I lived there.

This map lays it out.

Interactive Map
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2013, 06:32 PM

1,665 posts, read 2,975,133 times
Pedro, all due respect, but when did you live downtown?

That Albertson's you're talking about? They're putting in two new apartment complexes right next to it. And as for not going east of Sixth, you sure you would describe M2I or Strata or Icon as right next to a seedy area?

The East Village you describe isn't the East Village I walk through every single day. Tent cities? I've seen homeless people lying on the streets -- part of the downtown landscape not just here but in any city -- but no tent cities. There are fenced off vacant lots, but East Village Green is going in at one of them and another of them is going to have a new retail/residential development put up.

The East Village is where the rest of downtown was 20 years ago. It's gentrifying, but not there yet. But with the law school already open, the new library scheduled to open, and new developments going up, it will be there soon enough.

As for paying a $20 cover and drinking $20 drinks, I've never paid a dime in cover. I have paid $20 for drinks, but it was for two of them.

Also, I used to live right behind Dublin Square and Fluxx and I could sleep just fine at night. With the patio door open. Pantajalitwist can attest to this. As can the people who were my neighbors -- most of whom, by the way, were not 20 somethings looking to relive their college days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego