Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2013, 06:28 PM

6,420 posts, read 11,593,857 times

Advertisements

The Discount Tire in RP is new, and is no doubt trying to build customer base. But before Discount Tire opened in RP, we had similar good customer service from Discount Tire in Poway. So it seems to be part of their corporate image.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2013, 07:36 PM

4,498 posts, read 9,382,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oddstray View Post
The Discount Tire in RP is new, and is no doubt trying to build customer base. But before Discount Tire opened in RP, we had similar good customer service from Discount Tire in Poway. So it seems to be part of their corporate image.

That's awesome to hear. Yeah, the place looked new. Everything was clean and fresh. About the only thing I'd say they need to add is Wi-Fi Internet access. Almost all of these type places do these days including my local Car Wash place. So I was surprised they didn't have that. But maybe it's on their check list.

I brought my laptop to work as I figured it could take a while. And they did tell me maybe 1 hour but I was surprised they did it so quickly.

Fortunately I can't even remember the last time I had to buy tires. I'm not one of those road trip type guys and would rather fly vs. drive so I just never rack up tons of miles in my cars. But you can sure bet when I have to get new tires I'm going straight to Discount Tire.

Old 04-22-2013, 07:59 PM

10,090 posts, read 42,415,243 times
Mind if I ask which Audi dealership you brought the SUV too? We took the R8 into Audi of Escondido....they were the closest for us that actually had a Tech who was knowledgable of the R8 V10....have only been there twice. Once for the 15,000 checkup and the other because I won a free detailing from them on Facebook.

Old 04-22-2013, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyGirl1 View Post
Mind if I ask which Audi dealership you brought the SUV too? We took the R8 into Audi of Escondido....they were the closest for us that actually had a Tech who was knowledgable of the R8 V10....have only been there twice. Once for the 15,000 checkup and the other because I won a free detailing from them on Facebook.

Sure Shelby. I went to Hoehn Audi in Carlsbad where I bought it. I would have asked my friend about all of this as he works there but he is in China now on vacation.

My usual service technician, Nick wasn't there so they sent me to another guy. He seemed nice enough but I was just surprised with all of those things at once out of the blue. It was odd. And the really funny thing is the only reason I was taking it in was my MMI wasn't working correctly. (Turns out they said what is causing it is my Iphone has too many contacts in it! LOL. I have clients all over the world and over 1,000 contacts with some as many as 4 numbers each). Well they said that it was causing the problem. Sounded strange.

I just did my 15k service a few months ago and all went well. I ended up buying that maintenance package up to 45,000 miles. It seemed like a no brainer to me because I'm the type that hangs on to a car for a while and just adding up the various services for the Q7 TDI would have been more.

R8 V10?! Wow. I really MUST see your car collection. It sounds incredible! Although I don't envy your California Annual Registration fees. You must spend a fortune with that!

I typically have always gone with a BMW. I love the no hassle 5 year maintenance included thingy. My wife ended up going with one. In fact, I have to head to BMW San Diego again this week as there was some recall that they are recommending to get something replaced. They are really good about those sorts of things. On the downside of the BMW, typically after the 5 year period when stuff goes bad..it's pricey!

A few months ago we lost one of the keys for her BMW. She has one of those that are electronic with no key. Well, we thought maybe the 3 year old threw it away or something. I was just going to order a new one UNTIL I found out the cost to replace it. Around $500! I couldn't believe it!

Needless to say we looked around for a few weeks to find it. LOL.

Old 04-22-2013, 08:45 PM

10,090 posts, read 42,415,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earlyretirement View Post
Sure Shelby. I went to Hoehn Audi in Carlsbad where I bought it. I would have asked my friend about all of this as he works there but he is in China now on vacation.

My usual service technician, Nick wasn't there so they sent me to another guy. He seemed nice enough but I was just surprised with all of those things at once out of the blue. It was odd. And the really funny thing is the only reason I was taking it in was my MMI wasn't working correctly. (Turns out they said what is causing it is my Iphone has too many contacts in it! LOL. I have clients all over the world and over 1,000 contacts with some as many as 4 numbers each). Well they said that it was causing the problem. Sounded strange.

I just did my 15k service a few months ago and all went well. I ended up buying that maintenance package up to 45,000 miles. It seemed like a no brainer to me because I'm the type that hangs on to a car for a while and just adding up the various services for the Q7 TDI would have been more.

R8 V10?! Wow. I really MUST see your car collection. It sounds incredible! Although I don't envy your California Annual Registration fees. You must spend a fortune with that!

I typically have always gone with a BMW. I love the no hassle 5 year maintenance included thingy. My wife ended up going with one. In fact, I have to head to BMW San Diego again this week as there was some recall that they are recommending to get something replaced. They are really good about those sorts of things. On the downside of the BMW, typically after the 5 year period when stuff goes bad..it's pricey!

A few months ago we lost one of the keys for her BMW. She has one of those that are electronic with no key. Well, we thought maybe the 3 year old threw it away or something. I was just going to order a new one UNTIL I found out the cost to replace it. Around $500! I couldn't believe it!

Needless to say we looked around for a few weeks to find it. LOL.

Our son is a Master Tech at SD BMW. He just had our M3 in for a recall on the Nav system. If you care to: ask for Trevor as your Service writer and Scott for your Tech. Tell Trevor Scott's mom sent you! Trevor use to be a Tech and he and Scott work on our Z8 all the time. BMW of SD is an unbelievable dealership! They have over 100 Techs! Their shop is spotless in the back! I swear you could eat off their floor. And...they treat their Techs incredibly well.

Yes...we have always had the Audi Care thrown into our deal. This is the second R8 we have had....well worth any monies paid out for it!
LOL...with 2 BMWs....love having a personal Tech in the Fam.! Actually, since we no longer have a lift in the garage, we are able to bring all the cars down to BMW on Saturdays. Every car we own has been up on their lifts at some time or another.

Old 04-23-2013, 02:07 AM

Oh wow..that would be GREAT to have a mechanic in the family! I'm envious of you there. I'm definitely NOT handy around a car. Having a BMW mechanic in the family must be great! That must save you lots of money.

I'm heading there tomorrow so I'll ask for one of them. I totally agree with you that they are really great there. I didn't buy my wife's car there but it's where we go to get it serviced or if we need anything. They always have tons of loaner cars there and everyone is friendly. A great dealership.

Old 04-23-2013, 10:30 AM

2,986 posts, read 4,576,477 times
The don't call them stealerships for nothing

Old 04-23-2013, 01:26 PM

3,545 posts, read 6,031,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moved View Post
Tire Depot on Adams Avenue is good. My mechanic referred me to them, and they're local and honest.
Tire depot FTW. I love those guys and will never, ever go anywhere else. Cheap, honest, accomodating, amazing. Period.

Old 04-23-2013, 06:43 PM

15,129 posts, read 32,318,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenkay View Post
Tire depot FTW. I love those guys and will never, ever go anywhere else. Cheap, honest, accomodating, amazing. Period.
My Astrovan needs to pay them a visit, but it's not in my budget right now. It needs idler arms, and they told me that it would be around $490, so it's going to have to wait a while until my budget improves.

Old 04-24-2013, 07:37 AM

1,735 posts, read 1,769,660 times
OP you might want to take a visit in the Audi forums and go checkout the local sub-forums as not every tire may not fulfill your request.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego