Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 05:55 PM

4,498 posts, read 9,384,106 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyGirl1 View Post
Our son is a Master Tech at SD BMW. He just had our M3 in for a recall on the Nav system. If you care to: ask for Trevor as your Service writer and Scott for your Tech.
FYI Shelby. I went to SD BMW and man what a zoo today. I took in the car as there is a recall affecting a LOT of cars. (Battery Cable connector).

It was jam packed with so many people bringing in their cars. I didn't ask for Trevor as everyone was so busy. I sat there for 30 minutes before they even could talk to me as they had so many people there.

I had to wait over an hour for a loaner car. And it wasn't even a BMW. He said that they are only given 250 parts to fix this per day and they are using every single one of them. They have 300 loaner cars and they were ALL out. In fact, they had to give me a Toyota. (They are renting them from the Toyota dealership next door).

Ask your son about this recall on the battery cable. Wow, he must be super busy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2013, 06:06 PM

10,090 posts, read 42,424,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earlyretirement View Post
FYI Shelby. I went to SD BMW and man what a zoo today. I took in the car as there is a recall affecting a LOT of cars. (Battery Cable connector).

It was jam packed with so many people bringing in their cars. I didn't ask for Trevor as everyone was so busy. I sat there for 30 minutes before they even could talk to me as they had so many people there.

I had to wait over an hour for a loaner car. And it wasn't even a BMW. He said that they are only given 250 parts to fix this per day and they are using every single one of them. They have 300 loaner cars and they were ALL out. In fact, they had to give me a Toyota. (They are renting them from the Toyota dealership next door).

Ask your son about this recall on the battery cable. Wow, he must be super busy!
We actually talked about this the other day. He said they had been crazy busy. It effects soooooo many cars. Our M3 is not included for some reason. But...yes, he has been running ragged. And the Techs are hating it, because it's a pretty in depth fix, but boring work.. He loves the hard challenging jobs. Changing oil and related stuff, he try's to avoid.

Yeah, they pull loaners from all the surrounding dealerships, as they are all Penske owned.

Old 04-24-2013, 06:19 PM

10,090 posts, read 42,424,010 times
LOL...he just texted my DH' and asked him to drive on down to his house. He had set up an appt. with an Ins. Agent to come out and look at a new ( old) car and he is so busy, not going to be getting out of work on time to make the appt. Guess we're headed out to Rancho Bernardo.

Old 04-24-2013, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyGirl1 View Post
We actually talked about this the other day. He said they had been crazy busy. It effects soooooo many cars. Our M3 is not included for some reason. But...yes, he has been running ragged. And the Techs are hating it, because it's a pretty in depth fix, but boring work.. He loves the hard challenging jobs. Changing oil and related stuff, he try's to avoid.

Yeah, they pull loaners from all the surrounding dealerships, as they are all Penske owned.
Yeah. I can imagine! I've never seen a dealership so busy before. I guess the recall affected a TON of cars. It says 1 series, 2 series, 3 Series and Z4 from 2007 to 2012! Wow that is a lot of cars.

I didn't realize that this particular dealership stayed so busy but he said they do 30% of all service down in Southern California. He said that lots of people from Arizona come here to get it down.

Pretty amazing that they are changing out 250 of these every day plus their other work. Boy your son is going to be one busy guy for a while!

Old 04-24-2013, 08:43 PM

1,807 posts, read 3,990,339 times
Discount Tire plugs holes for free

Old 06-01-2013, 04:30 PM

6,420 posts, read 11,597,616 times
Now I'm considerably less pleased with Discount TIre than I was before.

I had bought a pair of new tires from them, and to keep the warranty valid I need to rotate them every 5000 miles. But when we brought the car in and asked them to rotate the tires, they refused based on the fact that one of the other pair of tires didn't have enough tread left. "What's legal?", we asked. They did admit that the tire was well within legal, but their "company policy" is to refuse to do the rotation under those circumstances.

So, Discount Tire, you're going to refuse to take the action *you* told me was required to keep my warranty valid? Sales gimmick and nothing less!

We're going back to either Bears Tires or Performance Tire. It may cost us a few dollars more, but we've never been upsold by them, and they've only ever been straight with us.

Old 06-01-2013, 06:12 PM

2,179 posts, read 4,989,341 times
Funny I just saw this thread. Right when I parked on the street for work on Wednesday, a guy stopped me saying it looks like I have a tire that is about to go flat. He got a bike pump on put in enough air to get me to a nearby place to fix it. I heard Costco is good for fixing tires but I needed a place right next to work who could do it immediately. He recommended Discount Tire (Lemon Grove) since he said he has been a customer there for years. They will give a free look, fix the tire for free if they can fix it, free alignment, and free rotation. I got there and I needed 2 tires replaced but their prices were fairly good. Got him to give me each tire for $70 (they were asking $75). Hey $10 helps! I was out of there with new tires in less than 30 minutes and didn't need to take a personal day at work!

My coworker also recommended Sam's Club but I needed to be in and out. She thought it would have been cheaper there.

Old 06-01-2013, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddstray View Post
Now I'm considerably less pleased with Discount TIre than I was before.

I had bought a pair of new tires from them, and to keep the warranty valid I need to rotate them every 5000 miles. But when we brought the car in and asked them to rotate the tires, they refused based on the fact that one of the other pair of tires didn't have enough tread left. "What's legal?", we asked. They did admit that the tire was well within legal, but their "company policy" is to refuse to do the rotation under those circumstances.

So, Discount Tire, you're going to refuse to take the action *you* told me was required to keep my warranty valid? Sales gimmick and nothing less!

We're going back to either Bears Tires or Performance Tire. It may cost us a few dollars more, but we've never been upsold by them, and they've only ever been straight with us.
That bites. Which location was it?

Old 06-01-2013, 09:55 PM

6,420 posts, read 11,597,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earlyretirement View Post
That bites. Which location was it?
The new one in RP. But he said it was "company policy". So I expect it wouldn't matter which location.

Costco has tried to do the same upsell to us previously.

Old 06-02-2013, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddstray View Post
The new one in RP. But he said it was "company policy". So I expect it wouldn't matter which location.

Costco has tried to do the same upsell to us previously.

Oh wow. That's super disappointing to hear that it was that one. Especially as it was the one I had such a great experience with.

It might be worth sending a letter to the manager explaining your frustration. I know some people wouldn't hassle with the time. But I can't tell you how many times in the past, I've encountered an employee that I felt was in the wrong on a position. I simply sent in a letter to their superior or typically I just send it to the CEO of the company and 9 times out of 10 I typically got a response back that I was thrilled with.

I know in this day and age of "I want it now" many people won't hassle with this but my feeling is no lose nothing and it doesn't take much time to whip up a letter and throw a stamp on it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego