Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2013, 11:12 PM

1,300 posts, read 2,024,291 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloom View Post
echo42, this post of yours won me over for your honesty and testament to the male, and has me in shock we sparred over a bias that local restaurants are not generally medicore. well done. i gotta ask which 'fact of life' girl did you want to bang? i'm hoping not natalie or mrs. garrett, though the latter may have some good experience. i think i liked the captain's daughter on the 'love boat'
I had to google it because i couldn't remember her name, but it was Lisa Welchel. Funny thing is, i don't even find her that attractive anymore but she sure pushed my adolescent buttons at the time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2013, 11:15 PM

2,179 posts, read 4,986,719 times
Can we please post on topic?

Old 05-23-2013, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naomi Manischewitz View Post
CDers,

I am just looking for suggestions for bars and coffee shops. I didn't ask for advice on other things so I skipped most of the posts because it's not going to change my personality or my views. This is the San Diego forum so I asked specific questions on businesses, not love advice (I go to the relationship forum for that!).
You are absolutely right, you merely inquired about a bar...but you did play along, and seemed to like the attention.

OK, so down to business. I am going to give you a golden nugget here or two. I pretty much run with the commoners, simpletons and townsfolk here in SD. But there are a couple of hobbies I have that give me the opportunity to brush up and rub elbows with the affluent and wealthy.

I play golf and most my playing is done on municipal courses, but every now and then I will drop a couple c-notes to play somewhere nice. Aviara in Carlsbad is the best course in SD and in my opinion, the central hub of the uber wealthy golf scene. There is a clubhouse, bar, spa, restaurant...and hotel if it comes in handy. This is a place where you could focus your hunt for a money man. Don't get caught up in the Torrey Pines hype either...tourist trap.

The other thing I enjoy the crap out of is going to the horse races in Del Mar. The Del Mar Thoroughbred Club has a lot of functions and parties as well as the regular race day activities. On the top floor of the track and even down by the paddock stretchrun/clubhouse there are several bars and restaurants where you will find liquored up rich guys gambling and such. Liquor and rich guys....Naomi, you gotta love that combo.

So those are my two suggestions, I know I come off as rude and possible fecetious, but if you can't make it in those two spots.....

Old 05-23-2013, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Can we please post on topic?
Oh, this is all about you, huh?

Old 05-23-2013, 11:31 PM

Do I have to be a member of Aviara to get in?

I actually don't want anything to do with the race track. I am against animals being used for that purpose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo42 View Post
You are absolutely right, you merely inquired about a bar...but you did play along, and seemed to like the attention.

OK, so down to business. I am going to give you a golden nugget here or two. I pretty much run with the commoners, simpletons and townsfolk here in SD. But there are a couple of hobbies I have that give me the opportunity to brush up and rub elbows with the affluent and wealthy.

I play golf and most my playing is done on municipal courses, but every now and then I will drop a couple c-notes to play somewhere nice. Aviara in Carlsbad is the best course in SD and in my opinion, the central hub of the uber wealthy golf scene. There is a clubhouse, bar, spa, restaurant...and hotel if it comes in handy. This is a place where you could focus your hunt for a money man. Don't get caught up in the Torrey Pines hype either...tourist trap.

The other thing I enjoy the crap out of is going to the horse races in Del Mar. The Del Mar Thoroughbred Club has a lot of functions and parties as well as the regular race day activities. On the top floor of the track and even down by the paddock stretchrun/clubhouse there are several bars and restaurants where you will find liquored up rich guys gambling and such. Liquor and rich guys....Naomi, you gotta love that combo.

So those are my two suggestions, I know I come off as rude and possible fecetious, but if you can't make it in those two spots.....

Old 05-23-2013, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo42 View Post
Oh, this is all about you, huh?
??? It's about answering my question instead of trying to give me advice I didn't inquire about.

Old 05-23-2013, 11:37 PM

good luck to you.

Old 05-23-2013, 11:42 PM

1,665 posts, read 2,974,193 times
I'm not rich, so I can't complete the checklist you're looking for.

But riddle me this.

If I do win the Mega Millions tomorrow, what in the hell makes you think, with all the attractive gold diggers who would be throwing themselves at me, that I'd want to deal with you?

You strike me as the kind of person who wants it all handed to her on a silver platter. You don't want to join a club that will have people who fit the criteria you're looking for. You don't want to get out there and volunteer. You want specific names of bars that will have people you're seeking.

Hint hint. When someone's got the assets where he's got women throwing themselves at him, he ain't gonna waste his time with someone like that.

Hell, man, I don't have those assets and I wouldn't bother.

Old 05-24-2013, 12:10 AM

919 posts, read 1,781,792 times
Quote:
??? It's about answering my question instead of trying to give me advice I didn't inquire about.
Oh no, it's quite a bit better than what you bargained for. We can give you names of bars, but since you have no idea what's in store for you, since you are asking us to tell you, we're telling what you need. After all, then why would you need to ask us? A myriad of dining, entertainment and socializing guides exist on the 'net, with reviews to boot. Plenty of easy to access research in order to get whatever you may need. If so, why are you wasting our time on this board? What, you have nothing better to do? Why ask, when it is all available to you without the drudgery of slogging through all those "useless" posts? Seems as if you're the one who is more than a bit confused....

Old 05-24-2013, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loloroj View Post
Oh no, it's quite a bit better than what you bargained for. We can give you names of bars, but since you have no idea what's in store for you, since you are asking us to tell you, we're telling what you need. After all, then why would you need to ask us? A myriad of dining, entertainment and socializing guides exist on the 'net, with reviews to boot. Plenty of easy to access research in order to get whatever you may need. If so, why are you wasting our time on this board? What, you have nothing better to do? Why ask, when it is all available to you without the drudgery of slogging through all those "useless" posts? Seems as if you're the one who is more than a bit confused....
What should I Google? San Diego bars with white collar people? I already tried Yelp typing white collar and the liking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego