Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 08:36 PM

4,498 posts, read 9,384,106 times

Advertisements

I agree Shmoov about being out of the game for a while. For me it hasn't been as long as you. But still I laugh at today's guys dating.

I mean, when I got out of college a guy was expected to pay for all dates, be a gentleman and not really expect anything in return.

Today's "modern man" expects the girl to pay for half the date (or even might want the girl to pay for the entire date), and expects to score after the first date or so. LOL.

I love being married but I always joke with my single friends if I was out there competing in this dating market I'd be killing it compared to these "modern men". Ha, ha.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2013, 09:00 PM

1,300 posts, read 2,025,432 times
I think a good first outing would be coffee. I would spring for it as well, cause that's the kind of guy I am. Hell, I would throw in the chocolate chip cookie if things started going well. The least I would be out is about 10 bucks if things started going south. Second date...definitely go-karts. Call me a romantic, but that's the way I roll. If she survived that, third date would be on the back of my motorcycle to the Chicken Pie Shop. Anything on the menu, my treat. Maybe a beer at the Lamplighter.

Old 05-21-2013, 09:32 PM

2,179 posts, read 4,988,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earlyretirement View Post
Yikes. See I don't get this type of thing. Call me old fashioned but I will ALWAYS believe that the guy should pay completely for a date, not expect the girl to pay for any part of the date.

I've never understand the guys that would expect the female to pay any part of the date. To me a guy is a gentleman and a gentleman pays for dates. If I was a girl and a guy I went out on a date expected me to pay for a date or split the bill I think I'd just start laughing.... LOL. (and NO there wouldn't be a second date)....

Oh well.... let's call a spade a spade or a cheap guy a cheap guy. JMHO.
Huh? I'm saying ideally I want the man to pay. If he insists on splitting, I will but that's the last date...

Old 05-21-2013, 09:36 PM

At what point in the relationship do you start buying dinner?

Old 05-21-2013, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo42 View Post
As a female?

Old 05-21-2013, 09:40 PM

Yes, as a female. Do you ever see a point in a relationship that you would pay for dinner;either occasionally or on a regular basis. Not always, but maybe every other dinner, or every third dinner. Or do you not pay at all? Ever.

Old 05-21-2013, 09:43 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
i dont recommend the bars as a great way to proceed. self improvement classes dance music art are enormous avenues for meeting the right people.

Old 05-21-2013, 09:46 PM

170 posts, read 188,758 times
Quote:
also, at what point should i expect the girl to put out ?

Old 05-21-2013, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Yes, as a female. Do you ever see a point in a relationship that you would pay for dinner;either occasionally or on a regular basis. Not always, but maybe every other dinner, or every third dinner. Or do you not pay at all? Ever.
I've only been in 1 relationship and he always insisted on paying (he was Southern and European so he had very traditional values which I loved). I would probably pay on occasion. I like feeling pampered and taken care of. I know that sounds wrong, but I'm just being honest to what I like.

Old 05-21-2013, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
i dont recommend the bars as a great way to proceed. self improvement classes dance music art are enormous avenues for meeting the right people.
I've taken art classes before through extensions and colleges and the classes were mainly women, some retired men forced by their wives to take it with them, and a couple gay guys.

I've gone to some lectures I'm interested in, but most people were a lot older than me.

I also go to a lot of Meetup events.

I just want to meet a successful, single man at a bar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego