Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2013, 09:47 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,205,176 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
I am 37 and the last time I was in college was 25 years ago.
So you finished your degree when you were 12?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2013, 10:02 PM

Just wondering if anyone ever checks out the State rules on neighborhoods with impacted parking areas? This from the city of San Diego:

Permits | Parking

Residential permit parking is authorized by Section 22507 of the California Vehicle Code and Sections 86.2001 through 86.2017 of the San Diego Municipal Code.
Residential permit parking removes non-residents from the competition for on-street parking. It is intended for residential areas that are severely impacted by all-day commuter parking generated by a nearby facility or institution. Areas that are impacted by heavy demand for on-street parking by residents are not candidates for residential permit parking. This program does not reserve specific on-street parking for individuals.
Residents within the residential permit parking district must bear the cost of parking district. Vehicles not displaying a valid permit will be cited for a parking violation.
The advantage of this program is that on-street parking is available for residents only, not commuter vehicles which may inundate the area. The disadvantage is that residents must pay a fee and display a permit to park on the street.

End of issue. Maybe someone can instruct the students of Mesa and those within this forum on the law as it is written.

Old 08-25-2013, 11:53 AM

50,060 posts, read 46,605,276 times
Quote:
In fact, I am but I did my due diligence to make sure what type of neighborhood I was moving into which is why I have so little regard for people who are too lazy to do so themselves. They knew the college was there (or was planned to be there if they moved there in the 1950s) so whining about college kids being around after the fact is just sour grapes on their part. A position without any merit what so ever.

I would still support the city paying to expand low cost or free parking on the college campus, as that just makes sense and is logical, plus that would reduce the impacts on neighboring communities. But making rules saying the general public isn't allowed to make fair use of publicly owned property? Nope. I won't budge on that one at all because it is just immoral and an attempted theft of the public's fair use to property which they themselves already own.
Hilarious. Free parking. Ya, snap your I dream of Jeannie pony tail and all of the expense of buying the land, grading, pouring asphalt, etc. magically disappears. Rainbows and Unicorns for everyone. Excuse me while I wax my 33 ft motorhome parked on the STREET It's been out there for 5 full days now no meter maids, no trash in the yard, no one throwing fast food bags in the back of my truck, no cig butts on my grass just the locals out for a walk stopping to enjoy the day.

Some of those students got some really big back packs LMAO.

Old 08-25-2013, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
Just wondering if anyone ever checks out the State rules on neighborhoods with impacted parking areas? This from the city of San Diego:

Permits | Parking

Residential permit parking is authorized by Section 22507 of the California Vehicle Code and Sections 86.2001 through 86.2017 of the San Diego Municipal Code.
Residential permit parking removes non-residents from the competition for on-street parking. It is intended for residential areas that are severely impacted by all-day commuter parking generated by a nearby facility or institution. Areas that are impacted by heavy demand for on-street parking by residents are not candidates for residential permit parking. This program does not reserve specific on-street parking for individuals.
Residents within the residential permit parking district must bear the cost of parking district. Vehicles not displaying a valid permit will be cited for a parking violation.
The advantage of this program is that on-street parking is available for residents only, not commuter vehicles which may inundate the area. The disadvantage is that residents must pay a fee and display a permit to park on the street.

End of issue. Maybe someone can instruct the students of Mesa and those within this forum on the law as it is written.
Nice catch!! The "law" as intended

Old 08-25-2013, 06:35 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,876,060 times
Quote:
So you finished your degree when you were 12?
Sorry, that was a typo.

It should have read 15 not 25.

Old 08-25-2013, 06:38 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,876,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Nice catch!! The "law" as intended
Again, as I said before, this just means you got corrupt politicians to do an immoral thing for you and nothing more. Public property should be for everyone's use not just the select few and I really would like to see that immoral local code changed as it is nothing more than pandering and stealing the fair use rights from the 99.99% of the public which don't live there.

Old 08-25-2013, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Again, as I said before, this just means you got corrupt politicians to do an immoral thing for you and nothing more. Public property should be for everyone's use not just the select few and I really would like to see that immoral local code changed as it is nothing more than pandering and stealing the fair use rights from the 99.99% of the public which don't live there.
Like your boy Filner? I can do what I want cause I'm a Senator? Where is he now. Maybe take the partisan blinders off for a bit and look micro.

Old 08-26-2013, 09:29 AM

Quote:
The code that I listed is a State code that the city of San Diego is using. Had nothing to do about any corruption within the law.

Old 08-26-2013, 11:37 AM

Quote:
The code that I listed is a State code that the city of San Diego is using. Had nothing to do about any corruption within the law.
No no I like the TFH notion that I have some corrupt Politician in my pocket I can use to do my biddings. <evil laugh> mawhahahahahahaha

Old 08-26-2013, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
No no I like the TFH notion that I have some corrupt Politician in my pocket I can use to do my biddings. <evil laugh> mawhahahahahahaha
It just takes one Angry Tax Payer to get the Politicians to do anything. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego