Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2013, 07:43 AM

20,830 posts, read 16,979,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
What's hilarious is how you keep attributing a City of San Diego municipal issue to "the state."
civic 101. Read up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2013, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenkay View Post
For someone that's been posting here as long as you have you obviously haven't been paying attention if you're seriously suggesting I'm a person who can't think for myself. Just sayin'

Have fun with your outrage, I can see that you enjoy it.
Both your comments come under the category of "labeling" in order to refute the arguments here. As such they are not really relevant. You might want to start there. This is an outstanding example of how this society bases "reality" and agreements upon secrecy, whim and hearsay. The fact that so many simply believe that they have done something wrong when not being informed is, in a word, dysfunctional.

I have not a thing against you or others personally, but I am always surprised when people don't challenge, protest and think for themselves...and accept the dictum as, well, like baby food. I really don't honestly enjoy educating people who are asleep but it would appear that job needs to be done.

If we followed the circumstance, any police officer could come around for any reason and say you did not know this or that law. This technique was actually used to beat up (and worse) blacks who drank from a certain municipal water fountain. Finally, someone had the idea to put up signs. While it did not make the discrimination any better at that time, at least the police did not have to get blood on their uniforms. Same here. No notice, here's your bill. What if the person was sick, or out of town? Could they have towed the car without a signage. So since you state you are able to think clearly you may want to consider this facet of the argument. The ticket seems small potatoes really, but is it?

If you feel your life is in danger and you carry a weapon and are stopped guess who goes to jail in this state. It is just so vastly different here that it I guess forces me to chime in. Just my .02 but I think the laws here are insane. I only have a couple years left here and then I won't have to pay tax to fund these draconian laws, will be able to transport a weapon of choice and can leave the parking tickets to the suckers who feel that to be a citizen you have to pay pay pay. Revolutions started that way ya know.

Anyway thanks for engaging and listening. I always enjoy discussions. Perhaps that is what you meant to say.

Old 09-16-2013, 06:50 AM

5,319 posts, read 8,953,194 times
S.D. bans overnight RV street parking | UTSanDiego.com

Quote:
SAN DIEGO — Overnight parking restrictions targeting recreational vehicles, trailers and campers will soon be in effect for all of San Diego’s streets.
Quote:
The existing rules allow vehicles to remain parked in the same spot for up to 72 hours after which they must move one-tenth of a mile although enforcement is spotty at best.
The new ordinance bans street parking of oversized vehicles, nonmotorized trailers and RVs between 2 a.m. and 6 a.m. and prohibits them from parking with 50 feet of intersections at all times. Violators would receive a $100 ticket. Residents and their guests would be able to apply for permits to park on the same block as their home while preparing for trips.
Here are the current rules for parking:

http://docs.sandiego.gov/municode/Mu...Division01.pdf

Quote:
§86.0118 Parking in Excess of Seventy–Two (72) Hours Prohibited
No person shall park or cause to be parked or allow to remain standing any vehicle upon any street or highway in excess of seventy–two (72) consecutive hours.

Last edited by RD5050; 09-16-2013 at 07:07 AM..

Old 09-16-2013, 08:58 AM

50,060 posts, read 46,605,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
Isn't that the first warning? I had to deal with some neighbors over by State once and one warning was for something like 48 hours and 1/4 mile. Neighbor had like 15 family members and about that many cars and really got bent if they couldn't take up the entire block each night. My buddy parked his truck and trailer for a night and they about blew a gasket knocking on the door demanding him to move it.

Old 09-17-2013, 07:32 AM

Any idea how much the city of San Diego generates by parking fees? My guess would have an M after it.

To bad that the states have become such pariah on the people. I guess they have to make their money some how for necessary services. No balance to the equation in my mind. In Alaska we have relatively high property taxes but there is no state income tax.

Just imagine how that feels.

Old 09-17-2013, 08:42 AM

4,498 posts, read 9,353,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Any idea how much the city of San Diego generates by parking fees? My guess would have an M after it.

To bad that the states have become such pariah on the people. I guess they have to make their money some how for necessary services. No balance to the equation in my mind. In Alaska we have relatively high property taxes but there is no state income tax.

Just imagine how that feels.
These are old articles. I imagine it's even worse now. Yep, millions and millions.

Every day's a fine, fine day | The San Diego Union-Tribune

San Diego's Parking Ticket Hot Spots - San Diego, California News Station - KFMB Channel 8 - cbs8.com

LA's collecting over $135 million it seems in parking tickets.

Residents fume as L.A. looks to jack up parking ticket fines - latimes.com

Old 09-18-2013, 07:13 AM

321 posts, read 538,668 times
Just curious, since you didn't quite answer, if the Miata was parked in front of someone else's house and not yours or whoever you were visiting. People are sensitive to this.

I would absolutely not bother with an appeal unfortunately. The parking administrative "hearings" aren't like real public court and you'll have spent more in time and heartache than $53 when it's over and they sustain the fine.

Old 09-21-2013, 11:05 AM

Not in front of anyone's home. They denied my appeal. Next is the face to face.

Civics 101. It's the principle.

Old 09-21-2013, 11:06 AM

15,111 posts, read 32,143,493 times
Good luck.

Old 09-21-2013, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moved View Post
Good luck.
Gracias. At this point I don't really care but I want them to know that everyone one of us makes a choice in life to be fair or not. Maybe I'll reinforce that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego