Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2013, 11:42 AM

15,912 posts, read 20,189,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
Personally, I don't see anything inappropriate about a teacher kissing a child on the forehead.

There is absolutely nothing sexual about it.

When relatives and friends come to visit, do they ever kiss your children on their forehead?

Do you immediately assume these relatives are getting "turned on" by their behavior, and report them to the police?
That's like comparing apples to kelp...

Quote:
Most people would appreciate that their friends and relatives are showing love and affection for their children.
Agree 100%

Quote:
So why is it wrong for a teacher to care about their students as well?
Because it is a PUBLIC SCHOOL, that's why.

Quote:
Teachers spend many hours with their students day after day, and eventually they become emotionally attached to them.
Now you're really stretching the limits of credibility. This situation in my grand-daughters classroom has been going on since day one of this school year. You mean to tell me teachers bond to EVERYONE in the classroom without knowing them?

Give me a frigging break willya?

Quote:
A kiss on the forehead is a gesture of love and affection, it is not one of sexual gratification.

It seems parents are becoming totally nuts about teachers these days, and perhaps the parents should reevaluate their own thinking before they completely destroy the life of what might be an excellent teacher.
I don't want some STRANGE TEACHER IN A PUBLIC SCHOOL (who might possibly have an STD) kissing any of my family anywhere on their bodies, period, and obviously other parents with children in this teachers room feel the same way (and they are born and bred Californians)...

The teacher wants to call a student up to the front of the classroom and award them in front of the rest of the class with a sticker etc. that's 100% fine by me.

The teacher laying his/her/it's lips on a students body? NO FRIGGING WAY...

Now instead of pissing and moaning about my feelings can anyone (including you) answer my simple question?

The principle says there is an investigation and the school will contact my daughter-in-law in "awhile" (direct quote from principle)

In this situation what would be a reasonable length of time?

Last edited by plwhit; 09-25-2013 at 11:57 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2013, 11:56 AM

4,630 posts, read 10,270,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Because the hell it's happening in a San Diego public school

~DUH~

Where would you suggest I post it?

I post it in any Texas forum and 99.9% of the people would agree with me... I'm asking for suggestions in this forum because unless I'm sadly mistaken this IS the San Diego sub-forum is it not?

//www.city-data.com/forum/education/

//www.city-data.com/forum/parenting/

Old 09-25-2013, 12:01 PM

And why not in the sub-forum where this is occurring?

Some people afraid of airing out the San Diego's public schools dirty laundry?

Would the people in the forums you posted know anything about San Diego policies?

LMAO...

Old 09-25-2013, 12:04 PM

Lets get one thing real clear here.... If my fears turn out to be unfounded I'll be the first to apologize.

I am not perfect but as others will attest to in other forums when I'm wrong I make a public apology...

The San Diego people I have physically met so far I like, I love the city but the attitudes I see here are more along the lines of what I conceptualized Californians are like...

BTW, I was born and grew up in Brooklyn New York, the last thirty-something years in San Antonio Texas.

So I am not a Republican conservative gun-toting Texas nut job....

Old 09-25-2013, 12:14 PM

5,319 posts, read 8,981,479 times
Quote:
That's like comparing apples to kelp...
Why ... aren't teachers people as well?

Don't teachers have emotions and feelings just like your friends and relatives?

You don't think that teachers spending time with these children day after day eventually leads to their forming emotional attachments to them?

I dated a teacher for several years, and I remember her often telling me how she loved her students. I never saw anything wrong with it. I only remember that I thought it was great how she cared about these kids, and to me, that made her a great person to teach them.

A kiss on the forehead is the most innocent form of affection possible.

If you don't agree with it, then just go to the teacher, and tell them not to kiss your child.

Problem solved.

There is no need to destroy a teacher's life because they are expressing themselves as a caring human being ... exactly in the same way as your friends and relatives who also kiss your child in the exact same manner.

Regarding STDs ... do you also worry whether your friends and relatives carry STDs that they may pass onto your children? Do you ever tell them not to kiss your children?

I just think you are overreacting, and should stop thinking about this as some sort of inappropriate behavior.

If the teacher was kissing them on the mouth, or inappropriately touching them in other places, then I would be right there with you in your thinking.

But a kiss on the forehead is something politicians do to babies every day.

It is something friends, relatives and even strangers do to children all the time.

Just because the person doing it is a teacher doesn't mean this behavior should suddenly have a whole different meaning.

Old 09-25-2013, 12:21 PM

4,630 posts, read 10,270,747 times
Quote:
And why not in the sub-forum where this is occurring?

Some people afraid of airing out the San Diego's public schools dirty laundry?

Would the people in the forums you posted know anything about San Diego policies?

LMAO...
You can LMAO all you want, but you came to a public forum distressed and clearly concerned looking for opinions. Then when you get them have a pretty negative attitude.

Regardless if its SD Unified or any other school in the country, its matter of principle that you are looking for opinions on isnt it?
Thus posting this in the other sub-forums I listed, to hear what other parents might think seems feasible to me.

Old 09-25-2013, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmoov_groovzsd View Post
You can LMAO all you want, but you came to a public forum distressed and clearly concerned looking for opinions. Then when you get them have a pretty negative attitude.

Regardless if its SD Unified or any other school in the country, its matter of principle that you are looking for opinions on isnt it?
Thus posting this in the other sub-forums I listed, to hear what other parents might think seems feasible to me.
Please point out to me the posts addressing my questions...

Go back and read the OP, I asked 2 (two) questions and so far only one has been addressed...

I don't give a crap what other parents in other forums living in other parts of the United States think.

I specifically asked the questions here because I wanted local feedback.

Quote:
lo·cal

adjective

1. Belonging or relating to a particular area or neighborhood, typically exclusively so.
2. located or living nearby.
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/local

If that's far too complex for you to comprehend I can rephrase it in a simpler way...

Last edited by plwhit; 09-25-2013 at 12:46 PM..

Old 09-25-2013, 12:47 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,904,172 times
I don't see what the point is.

Old 09-25-2013, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
Why ... aren't teachers people as well?

Don't teachers have emotions and feelings just like your friends and relatives?

You don't think that teachers spending time with these children day after day eventually leads to their forming emotional attachments to them?

I dated a teacher for several years, and I remember her often telling me how she loved her students. I never saw anything wrong with it. I only remember that I thought it was great how she cared about these kids, and to me, that made her a great person to teach them.

A kiss on the forehead is the most innocent form of affection possible.

If you don't agree with it, then just go to the teacher, and tell them not to kiss your child.

Problem solved.

There is no need to destroy a teacher's life because they are expressing themselves as a caring human being ... exactly in the same way as your friends and relatives who also kiss your child in the exact same manner.

Regarding STDs ... do you also worry whether your friends and relatives carry STDs that they may pass onto your children? Do you ever tell them not to kiss your children?

I just think you are overreacting, and should stop thinking about this as some sort of inappropriate behavior.

If the teacher was kissing them on the mouth, or inappropriately touching them in other places, then I would be right there with you in your thinking.

But a kiss on the forehead is something politicians do to babies every day.

It is something friends, relatives and even strangers do to children all the time.

Just because the person doing it is a teacher doesn't mean this behavior should suddenly have a whole different meaning.
Let me repeat myself:

You mean to tell me teachers bond to EVERYONE in the classroom without knowing them?

And do this kissing practice from the first day of school?

Oh, and your other point?
Quote:
a kiss on the forehead is something politicians do to babies every day.
The baby is being held by his/her mother/father so the politician can kiss the baby... i.e: The mother/father has given approval for this action to occur.

None of the mothers/fathers of the children in this classroom have given approval for this teachers physical contact with their son/daughter.

A kiss on the forehead could also be the opening move of a child molester/child predator to gain the students confidence...

Did the infection of STD's just fly over your head?

Or are you going to tell me SD public school teachers have been certified not to carry any STD's?

Which is it?

Old 09-25-2013, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
I don't see what the point is.
My question(s) are too complex for you to understand?

BTW, thanks for your incredibly intelligent input to this thread...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego