Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2013, 11:33 PM

4,750 posts, read 3,566,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moved View Post
This is true. Also, you can plan to circle the block for at least 30 minutes, if not longer.
Just pick your apartment carefully in those places. I lived for three years at an apartment on Jewel Street in PB (specifically in Crown Point). We had one parking space for two cars. Whichever one of my wife or I got home earliest took a street spot, leaving the designated spot for the other. In those three years, I don't think I ever parked more than three blocks away from my apartment. OB may be worse, as may the complexes closer to Grand and Garnett, but there are many other places where you'd be okay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2013, 09:16 PM

2,563 posts, read 3,682,291 times
The further you get from the beach, the easier it will be to find a place to park. It's been a while since I lived in Pacific beach, but when I did, Street parking didn't seem to be a problem.

Old 11-14-2013, 12:16 PM

3,545 posts, read 6,031,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHW View Post
I've been seeing a lot of little bungalows in those neighborhoods that don't have designated parking. Is the street parking decent there or is it pretty tough? I drive a small car, which was handy when I lived in the Bay.

Thanks for any help!
I live in North Park, which is notorious for difficult parking, but the thought of living in either of those areas without a dedicated parking space makes me cringe.

Old 11-14-2013, 12:57 PM

50,267 posts, read 47,023,439 times
I lived on Thomas near the beach. When I got off work on Thurs I wouldn't touch my car until Monday morning unless it was before 10 am. Otherwise you might be 1/4 mile from the apartment.

Old 11-14-2013, 02:01 PM
OHW OHW started this thread

102 posts, read 147,659 times
Thank you guys so much for all the help! It sounds to me like it's not worth it without a dedicated spot.

Old 11-14-2013, 06:14 PM

9 posts, read 66,573 times
I live in Ocean Beach and while pretty much no house has a driveway, you'll also find that often those places have an alleyway behind them with (limited) parking for each house. That's how mine is. The street parking itself isn't too bad in the winter (you might only have to park a block away if you can't find a spot right in front of your house) but in the summertime forget it, that's when the street parking is downright cut-throat!

Old 11-14-2013, 06:27 PM

39 posts, read 50,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesee View Post
I live in Ocean Beach and while pretty much no house has a driveway, you'll also find that often those places have an alleyway behind them with (limited) parking for each house. That's how mine is. The street parking itself isn't too bad in the winter (you might only have to park a block away if you can't find a spot right in front of your house) but in the summertime forget it, that's when the street parking is downright cut-throat!
This is spot on. Street parking here in OB is manageable during the winter months, but awful during the summer. I definitely agree with renting at a building with a designated off-street spot - it's worth it's weight in gold.

Old 11-14-2013, 07:10 PM

27 posts, read 89,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassberto View Post
Or you circle the block.
That's bad, erroneous information if you're talking 24 hours a day, 7 days a week - parking is a breeze there if you know how and when.

Old 11-14-2013, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesee View Post
Alley parking is sure fire tweeker break into your car daily issues.

Old 11-14-2013, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripper View Post
That's bad, erroneous information if you're talking 24 hours a day, 7 days a week - parking is a breeze there if you know how and when.
Correction, you pull over into red zone and wait and hope the meter maid doesn't pop you. But then, if you get off "work" after the rest of the planet goes into work parking is no problem at all. I used to work nights and it was easy to find parking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego