Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2014, 06:50 PM

Location: San Diego via Orange County via Toronto via Rome Italy
390 posts, read 795,377 times

Advertisements

I'm not a baseball fan and we only moved down from Orange County 2 years ago, so I hadn't heard of him . . . but my wife who was born in Long Beach and is a HUGE baseball fan (bleeds Dodger blue . . .that was her biggest issue with moving down here "I love San Diego - but I'm NEVER becoming a Padres fan!") - anyway she knew of him and remembered him calling a few games in the 80's . .. she called him the Vin Scully of San Diego which I believe is high praise indeed.

R.I.P.

In related news . . .one of our neighbors is a classic car restorer, and had the pleasure of driving chauffeuring Vin Scully as the Grand Master of the Rose Parade this year . . . video here

Vin Scully has exhilarating time at Tournament of Roses Parade | dodgers.com: News

. . . as a Padres fan it was hard for him to wear a Dodger cap, but he took one for the team . . .

when Vin goes my wife will be in mourning for months . . .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2014, 08:38 AM

2,483 posts, read 4,372,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sschibuola View Post
... she called him the Vin Scully of San Diego which I believe is high praise indeed.
I HATE the Dodgers as much as anyone from SD, SF and CO can, but Vin Scully is a class act, a true hall-of-famer, and probably the best broadcaster in baseball if not all of sports. I even occasionally watch LA's coverage of home Dodger games vs Giants or Rockies just to hear him call it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego