Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2014, 12:49 PM

1 posts, read 1,274 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

My husband and I are truly conflicted if you can't tell by my username. We are looking at buying for the first time our hope to be long term home. Due to schooling and commute, we have narrowed it down to Marston at Del Sur or Lennar at the lakes.

The cruz is that they are very different homes and communities but for 1.2 Million we are just not sure which one to go for. It is a lot of money.

In Del Sur, we love that our kids will be able to walk to school, the overall design of the home of indoor and outdoor which we have yet to see anywhere else and the family/community feel. But we are going to look at the power lines and will the home be worth buying seeing they are in the high end of the Del Sur neighborhood.

The Lakes, we are looking at a great view, but it is gated which to us is not a plus or minus. It means we need to drive our kids to school and the benefit of having a bit more space also means the lost of close friends for our kids. Plus the home is beautiful but doesn't offer the wow factor of the Marston bi-fold doors.

Please help with your thoughts on these neighborhoods. It is just a lot to spend and it feels like comparing apples and oranges. At the same time, I would hate that if we need to move earlier to then have something where we lose our savings because we put too much value on something which we severely limit our ability to relocate if life forces us to do so. WE are not looking at this as an investment but a home but doesn't mean we want to not have the flexibility to change with what life throws at us.

Thank you,

Sleepless in San Diego!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2014, 11:38 AM

2 posts, read 1,984 times
My wife and I been looking in the same area as yourself. Our thoughts were the lakes were too costly on the HOA for the same price of the home. Although the homes were awesome as far as the looks. Lennar had some complaints on several sites but not in the same area. Overall I think were looking in Enci only because of the HOA and no Mello-Roos, but were still looking. I personally like the Lakes but would have settled with Del Sur, There is the Sentinels in Del Sur that offered only $225 for the HOA and near parks and pools. Enci HOAs are around $200 in some cases, Carlsbad seems to be higher.

It such a hard choice as you read so many complaints about the builders and hear these stories after 5 years and the builders just leave them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego