Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2014, 09:35 AM

80 posts, read 110,238 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityx View Post
You're likely correct about that. What people like you fail to realize is that white people in this country do not have a history of oppression, brutality and discrimination brought on to them by whites. So if a black person made the same comment it could be considered as justified based on the history of black inequality in this country. When the almighty white man makes the same comment, it further perpetuates the notion that there is still bias and discrimination against blacks in this country.
If you want to dig deeper, then the real question is why do these officers feel this way? And.. do we really want these officers serving a diverse public?
Something to think about eh?
Well, you and I have completely, diametrically opposed viewpoints on this country. I believe we should treat all as individuals, and not take race in to account.

But you are entitled to your opinion and I don't want to get in to a race based debate on this forum.

Enjoy your city. I am here in NYC wishing I was in SD.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2014, 10:13 AM

9,824 posts, read 11,548,625 times
Quote:
The officers who made these comments wished to remain anonymous (for fear of retaliation). What a bunch of wimps! If you're men enough to make these comments and stand by your so-called convictions then you should be men enough to identify yourselves.
Like i said in an earlier post 3 months back,"internally SDPD is a hot mess"
The problems that exist in the Police department right now are systemic and go way past a couple faces on the a mural.
Zimmerman Has a huge up hill battle,and I don't think the problems in the SDPD are going to be solved in her Tenure as chief. She's has to try and change a male dominated,good ole boy network,
nepotism dominated, San Diego Police Department.
Mixed with the terrible hiring's over the last 15 years, she has a up hill battle.
SDPD 15 years ago went from hiring the very best(because they would leave after 5 years) to hiring Walmart type workers, Smart enough to get the job but dumb enough that they couldn't job Jump
Look at the tenure of all the officers that have been arrested/fired lately. Most of them haven't been on the force for more then 10 years.

Another SDPD officer arrested for the same crime that got him fired
SDPD officer re-arrested on alleged domestic abuse - 10News.com KGTV ABC10 San Diego

Old 05-06-2014, 10:58 AM

169 posts, read 859,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD-2023 View Post
Easy for you to say. But when you are a public employee, if you say something publicly that is not politically correct, you can expect to be punished. Like other posters have stated, if the comment was made by black officers that "too many white faces" were depicted, this would not have been newsworthy.
Right cuz we all know black people are a privileged bunch in this country who never receive any backlash about anything

Old 05-06-2014, 09:57 PM

204 posts, read 316,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastsandiegobornandraised View Post
What does 13% of the general population of America have to do with the population of Southeast San Diego?

What is there to "wonder"? Cuz black folks being "so often shown" is news to me...
Open your eyes. Black males only represent 7% of the Population (7 out of 100 people) yet they are splattered all over American mass media. You don't find that odd?

Quote:
You're likely correct about that. What people like you fail to realize is that white people in this country do not have a history of oppression, brutality and discrimination brought on to them by blacks. So if a black person made the same comment it could be considered as justified based on the history of black inequality in this country. When the almighty white man makes the same comment, it further perpetuates the notion that there is still bias and discrimination against blacks in this country.
If you want to dig deeper, then the real question is why do these officers feel this way? And.. do we really want these officers serving a diverse public?
Something to think about eh?
You must believe White Americans should forever carry guilt brought on by the actions of their ancestors? Secondly many Whites arrived to the USA post Slavery so they have no slave history in their background.

There are plenty of examples of whites being victimized I.E. modern day Detroit.

Old 05-06-2014, 11:09 PM

169 posts, read 859,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodbye_hello View Post
Open your eyes. Black males only represent 7% of the Population (7 out of 100 people) yet they are splattered all over American mass media. You don't find that odd?
What is your point? Is there's some conspiracy that puts black males in the spotlight compared to everyone else? Maybe some secret society that elevates blacks above everyone else? I'm curious to know since my eyes are apparently closed.

Please enlighten me lol

Old 05-07-2014, 12:19 AM

815 posts, read 2,699,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodbye_hello View Post

You must believe White Americans should forever carry guilt brought on by the actions of their ancestors?
Unfortunately, that's a cross White America will have to bear for some time to come.

Old 05-07-2014, 12:36 AM

13,583 posts, read 15,662,103 times
Quote:
Unfortunately, that's a cross White America will have to bear for some time to come.
Really? And what if we refuse, because we've decided we've had enough with being portrayed by the mainstream media as the world's worst race?

Old 05-07-2014, 07:46 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,102,752 times
^ Then you free yourself from inappropriate guilt and feel awkward (at first) when you encounter a black person and can't relate their combination of subtle body language and verbal cues. It is actually somewhat amusing when you don't react the way they want you to. They get all upset and everything...especially the young ones. Funny as heck.

Old 05-07-2014, 08:43 AM

2,011 posts, read 3,552,386 times
Quote:
I won't defend the officers. Racists are ignorant. Period. Unfortunately, we will never fully stamp out racism. It exists in all races and all countries and forever will to a certain extent. Us humans just like to see the negative in anyone that is different from them....or so it would seem.

That said, can you name me one human problem that has ever been solved by refusing to let go of the past? Unless I'm mistaken, these problems are always solved by acknowledging the past, and then letting it go. The world would be in one massive state of war with nary a country spared if we didn't.

Old 05-07-2014, 08:46 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,102,752 times
The problem is not the black faces and the amount. The problem is that people are not allowed to think what they want and say it out loud without a globalized reaction. Maybe...just maybe they were just saying it? No racism just thinking out loud?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego