Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2014, 12:32 AM

770 posts, read 1,797,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elchevere View Post
What does scenic beauty of west coast have to do with women you are seeking...do you care if they are white, Hispanic, Hindu, overweight, supermodel, educated, classy, trashy?....pretty generic statement and question you have posed. If I find a place with Harvard educated, former Victoria Secret model stay at home ladies between 30-45 I will share.
No I don't care what race they are. Are you completely blind or just ignorant?? You obviously don't understand the real point of my post. You sound just like another typical internet troll.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2014, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdurbanite View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't you leave SD vowing never to return?
No, that wasn't me. You are obviously thinking of someone-else. The only place I "VOW" to never return to is Texas. Bye now.

Old 05-31-2014, 02:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdurbanite View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't you leave SD vowing never to return?
If you really think that I am the one who "vowed" to never return to SD, then you really are more ignorant than I thought. In fact, the only person that I remember from back then that fits the profile you are talking about is YSDD, who, as you should know, is currently banned from this site.

Old 05-31-2014, 06:22 AM

7,409 posts, read 6,547,418 times
You were provided spots earlier...heck you might even find 30-45 YO women in beauty parlors...unless you're Brad Pitt or have the cash of Mark Zuckerberg you are probably better off running into a woman that age walking Del Mar Highlands or UTC Malls when you are not looking to meet someone. If all else fails, there is always Backpage.

Old 05-31-2014, 04:46 PM

3,455 posts, read 8,342,405 times
We are all over the place really. I think the issue is just that there is no place specifically to go where you know they would be interested in meeting younger men. Which was my point.

But if you just want to try your luck then yeah I think in general any of the nicer more upscale places in the area will cater more to a professional crowd where people 30+ will be more likely to be since its not generally fun anymore to hang out with a younger crowd. The exception I think is some clubs and places in the Gas Lamp where you have more of a mix of travelers, conventioneers and just people out for fun nights. Frankly 30-40 is not exactly cougar territory (45+ is really) and many women in their early 30's and even beyond are still hanging out with their younger friends and might be in the same places the college kids area. I found myself in one such situation last weekend as one of my friends is just 30 and I'm 37.

Honestly in the 30's most people can't even guess your age and its really more in how you carry yourself. Most under 34 are still in the 25 and up demographic. I don't even feel that out of place in most dance clubs...only place I'd feel a bit weird is a college bar where everyone is like 22 and stupid, acting stupid, etc.

I've heard Coyote Club in Carlsbad has a reputation for attracting the older crowd (and wilder crowd -- not sure if cougars or just everyone and the kitchen sink over 30). Everytime I go by people are dancing and getting crazy and it looks like fun if only for the people watching.

It is a sensitive issue though, its certainly not safe to assume most older women want to date younger men (as usually the younger man is looking more for the novelty and not a real relationship) and I know of no such place anywhere, where there is some unspoken rule that the older women are there to meet the younger men.

Especially if we are talking 30-40 .... anyone under 40 is going to be at most places people in their late 20's are at too. If you are not then try going to happy hours at more upscale places. The older women are more likely to be there early than later as their work friends are most likely going to want to meet early then go home to their husbands vs. out late at night. This I know from experience and its about the only thing that has changed in terms of "Where" me and my friends go ....we go to nicer places (for the most part, not always) and more likely to go between 5-8 pm unless its an occasion then all bets are off your average dance club will always have people of all ages partying into the wee hours depending on what is going on (bachelorette partie,s birthdays, visitors, etc.)

I think its not until one is over 40 that things change a bit and the group would feel less comfortable in such enviornments (though even then...)

so, get to know the various happy hours at more upscale places would be my suggestion...

Old 05-31-2014, 05:13 PM

6,893 posts, read 8,933,303 times
stay classy, Newbe10 and rcjhku

Old 12-23-2016, 02:26 AM

1 posts, read 1,121 times
Anyone heard of Blue Turtle Del Mar?

Old 12-23-2016, 10:55 AM

1,447 posts, read 1,569,001 times
Funny I am looking to meet women 30-45 and I am 45. Been hard finding places and I don't like bars or clubs anymore. Too old for that lame scene. I see too many women nowadays in San Diego have the constant ***** shield up and very unfriendly compared to other places I've been. Sad.

Old 12-23-2016, 12:48 PM

170 posts, read 188,699 times
Most of them in the East Coast !

Old 12-23-2016, 12:54 PM

50,264 posts, read 47,023,439 times
Events like running, cycling or tri. Plus they are all in great shape.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego