Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2014, 08:45 PM

1 posts, read 712 times

Advertisements

Hi All.
I live in NYC but I am having a destination wedding in San Diego on July 27th. My hope for my favors were to make my mothers Mexican Wedding Cake Cookies (they only consist of butter, flower, walnuts and powdered sugar). This is important to me because she passed away 2 years ago and she made them when we were growing up. I was hoping to be able to do it while I was there a few days before but I am not going to be able to. I have contacted a handful of bakeries to see if anyone was willing to help out to make about 200 cookies but so far everyone has turned me down. It could even be an employee who would like to do it at home on the side.

If anyone has any baker contacts that might be interested in helping out please let me know. I can supply all the ingredients when I arrive and will pay for the service!!

Thank you in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2014, 11:26 AM

3,545 posts, read 6,033,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold08 View Post
Hi All.
I live in NYC but I am having a destination wedding in San Diego on July 27th. My hope for my favors were to make my mothers Mexican Wedding Cake Cookies (they only consist of butter, flower, walnuts and powdered sugar). This is important to me because she passed away 2 years ago and she made them when we were growing up. I was hoping to be able to do it while I was there a few days before but I am not going to be able to. I have contacted a handful of bakeries to see if anyone was willing to help out to make about 200 cookies but so far everyone has turned me down. It could even be an employee who would like to do it at home on the side.

If anyone has any baker contacts that might be interested in helping out please let me know. I can supply all the ingredients when I arrive and will pay for the service!!

Thank you in advance!
You should be able to buy them from a bakery that already makes them out here. It's a simple recipe and not an uncommon one, and we have no shortage of Mexican Bakeries that already make them. If you really feel like they need to be made your mom's way, like if there's some special trick or ingredient she uses, you could put an ad on our local craigslist looking for someone to do it, but who knows who you'd end up with.

Old 07-03-2014, 11:55 AM

6,420 posts, read 11,599,151 times
And you might want to search/ask for "pastry chef" as well as "baker". There is a culinary schools in San Diego - you might find someone there who would handle your order. San Diego Culinary Institute | SDCI

When I looked at 'yelp' for Mexican Wedding Cake there was one bakery mentioned. But with only two reviews and both of them 5-star loaded with exclamation points, I'm quite suspicious of those reviews.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
View detailed profiles of: