Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2014, 12:52 PM

10 posts, read 14,288 times

Advertisements

I am from out of town and my realtor just went to look at a SFH on Linda Dr. It is just east of College just north of Tri-city hospital, just north of 78. It was priced at 450k and she called me and said she was leaving because she was scared to get out of her car because the neighborhood was so bad and sketchy people hanging out. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, she is going to look at a home a little further north which is just south of the 76 off Santa Fe. I thought the further north the worse the communities were in Oceanside.

Does anybody know any information about this area off 76, off Santa Fe??

Thanks for any info??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2014, 01:10 PM

50,233 posts, read 46,991,184 times
That area doesn't look bad at all.

Old 06-25-2014, 02:39 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,133,689 times
I wouldn't want live there, but that doesn't mean it's dangerous to walk around. Sheeesh.

Your realtor is a drama queen.

Old 06-25-2014, 03:40 PM

1,175 posts, read 1,911,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
I wouldn't want live there, but that doesn't mean it's dangerous to walk around. Sheeesh.

Your realtor is a drama queen.

Maybe there was a shady individual outside her car. It might not make the area bad, but if a woman is by herself and sees some shady individuals around, why put yourself in danger? And if she's not from the area and already has assumptions about it, she'll probably not want to go back.

Sometimes people just want to be safe. Maybe she was a drama queen, or maybe there were shady people in the area that she wanted no part of. It's sad that people make comments like this and then when a women does get raped or attached in this situation, the same people say "they should have been more careful."

The reality is that if 1 in 3 women are sexually harassed or abused, I'd say being careful is probably the smart choice.

Old 06-25-2014, 03:50 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,133,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro2000 View Post
Maybe there was a shady individual outside her car. It might not make the area bad, but if a woman is by herself and sees some shady individuals around, why put yourself in danger? And if she's not from the area and already has assumptions about it, she'll probably not want to go back.

Sometimes people just want to be safe. Maybe she was a drama queen, or maybe there were shady people in the area that she wanted no part of. It's sad that people make comments like this and then when a women does get raped or attached in this situation, the same people say "they should have been more careful."

The reality is that if 1 in 3 women are sexually harassed or abused, I'd say being careful is probably the smart choice.
It depends on the facts. Who knows.

Old 06-25-2014, 04:18 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,903,542 times
Find yourself a new realtor who isn't an idiot.

Old 06-25-2014, 04:52 PM

268 posts, read 430,423 times
Regardless of the merit of the realtor's reaction, realtors are not allowed to tell you a neighborhood is bad. It's called steering and it violates the Fair Housing Act.

Old 06-25-2014, 06:48 PM

1,014 posts, read 1,574,384 times
I think the responses above lack common sense, and lack street smarts. If the female realtor was worried, she was worried. And perhaps she had good reason to be. Just a few unsavory characters versus a lone woman, it takes mere seconds for her to get jumped, knocked out, robbed, or even worse.

No one can assert "idiot" or "drama queen," because you don't know.

Need anyone be reminded we have what appear to be serial attacks occurring right now in North Park? Fourth attack on lone woman reported.

Want to know when people get hurt, assaulted, robbed, or worse? When they ignore their internal common sense telling them, "this doesn't feel right." If that makes me or anyone else a drama queen, or an idiot, so be it. Give me your number; I'll call you when a give a damn what you think when it comes to personal safety.

Old 06-26-2014, 05:18 PM

1,412 posts, read 1,512,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
That area doesn't look bad at all.
I'm skeptical too.

It doesn't look that great, but neither does it look run down. I'm seeing a lot of brown lawns, but we are in a drought after all.

Old 06-26-2014, 11:47 PM

122 posts, read 192,935 times
Wow, AlohaFriday hit the nail on the head.....the Realtor is definitely in violation of the Fair Housing Act!!! Not to mention she indeed sounds like a twit!!!
If you want to get a better feel of areas and crime rates, go online and do some research, you'll get a pretty good vibe by looking at statistics. If you get close to making an offer on a home ,don't hesitate to talk to potential neighbors, they'll give you the scoop!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego