Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2014, 05:20 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,088,992 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encinitan View Post
The only thing you can guarantee is that you have no idea what you're talking about, you don't know me, or my "buds" and you type things on a message board that you wouldn't say to my face. Guaranteed.

Perfect; Calling me out on a public forum because I said something you don't like. Classy move.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2014, 05:47 PM

2,160 posts, read 5,850,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Perfect; Calling me out on a public forum because I said something you don't like. Classy move.
What you said went a little beyond saying something I didn't like. You got personal, involved my children, and yet you have no idea who I am or how I live my life. You called me out, and you don't like it when someone fights back. Sorry "bud," a taste of your own medicine might be good for you. Now register your out-of-state plates and we're cool.

Old 07-08-2014, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Great; another person who values the system over his neighbors friendship. I know you just fine.
By coincidence, my neighbors generally aren't the types who cheat the system. Apparently we live in different zip codes.
I can't believe you're trying to make the case for turning a blind eye to criminal activity. I never said I'd turn anyone in (you jumped to that conclusion all on your own). I and others in this thread simply said it's only fair that if you're going to drive your car here, that you pay into the system that pays for roads. You apparently believe in mooching the system.

Old 07-08-2014, 05:58 PM

Ok. point taken children a little to far. But I think honestly that you see my point and perhaps should consider it. We teach people young and old by our actions, and if you sick the cops on your neighbor for doing nothing to harm you, I would assert that you will be known as the nasty neighbor. If I am wrong and you all stand at the attention when the cops are in town so be it.

I think you can teach people whatever you want. You are teaching people to value the system over your neighbors friendship. As long as you feel that way, you and I will never be "cool" as my viewpoint is that I see your perspective as unhealthy and mean spirited in this particular case.

Mostly people want to fit in. Forcing people to do so and backing it by the force of law in immoral and lends itself to fascism. You may want to think of that the next time you start telling a US Citizen what to do.

Old 07-08-2014, 06:00 PM

Quote:
By coincidence, my neighbors generally aren't the types who cheat the system. Apparently we live in different zip codes.
I can't believe you're trying to make the case for turning a blind eye to criminal activity. I never said I'd turn anyone in (you jumped to that conclusion all on your own). I and others in this thread simply said it's only fair that if you're going to drive your car here, that you pay into the system that pays for roads. You apparently believe in mooching the system.
No I believe that citizens should not be taxed unduly and for other citizens keeping their noses out of others business. I don't define myself by a zip code. Why would anyone with self esteem do so?

Do I pay for roads in states that I drive through? Yes, federal tax. Do I pay into funds which support safety, yes. Do I pay into all manner of funds to park and drive in the United States (accent on United) you bet. Most of us do. The fact that you insist on reporting "mooches" is because you want to control your neighbor so that he or she will be just LIKE YOU and you will feel comfortable. Well, I am not afraid to tell ya but that is not the way to make friends and healthy communities. It is just the opposite it fragments, breeds mistrust and then things happen when people are not looking out for their neighbors.

Old 07-08-2014, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Ok. point taken children a little to far. But I think honestly that you see my point and perhaps should consider it. We teach people young and old by our actions, and if you sick the cops on your neighbor for doing nothing to harm you, I would assert that you will be known as the nasty neighbor. If I am wrong and you all stand at the attention when the cops are in town so be it.

I think you can teach people whatever you want. You are teaching people to value the system over your neighbors friendship. As long as you feel that way, you and I will never be "cool" as my viewpoint is that I see your perspective as unhealthy and mean spirited in this particular case.

Mostly people want to fit in. Forcing people to do so and backing it by the force of law in immoral and lends itself to fascism. You may want to think of that the next time you start telling a US Citizen what to do.
Haha. Again, the straw man argument. Show me where I said I'd "sick the cops" on my neighbor and I'll write you a personal check for $1,000. All I said was I think it's only fair that people pay a vehicle registration fee in the state where they drive. You've now turned this (rather weakly, I might add) into a lame political debate about police states.
Look, clearly we're on different planets here. Since when is paying a vehicle registration fee tantamount to supporting "fascism." You're way off base here, I think you realize that now, but you've dug yourself in too deep so you keep digging. So here's a shovel.

Old 07-08-2014, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Criminal activity is people breaking into your home, not running out of state tags. Jesus.

Old 07-08-2014, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Haha. Again, the straw man argument. Show me where I said I'd "sick the cops" on my neighbor and I'll write you a personal check for $1,000. All I said was I think it's only fair that people pay a vehicle registration fee in the state where they drive. You've now turned this (rather weakly, I might add) into a lame political debate about police states.
Look, clearly we're on different planets here. Since when is paying a vehicle registration fee tantamount to supporting "fascism." You're way off base here, I think you realize that now, but you've dug yourself in too deep so you keep digging. So here's a shovel.

Whatever, Good luck in this world man. The rest of the world does not work like Encinitas.

So go ahead report away (sick the cops) on "criminals". Will your neighbors be watching out for your home when it gets ripped off? No, they will not. And as for knowing your neighbors, my gosh I do hope your'e right cuz man everyone that I have ever met.... has big secrets.

Old 07-08-2014, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Whatever, Good luck in this world man. The rest of the world does not work like Encinitas.

So go ahead report away (sick the cops) on "criminals". Will your neighbors be watching out for your home when it gets ripped off? No, they will not. And as for knowing your neighbors, my gosh I do hope your'e right cuz man everyone that I have ever met.... has big secrets.
So ... don't want the $1,000? Wow, I'm shocked. Keep repeating your talking point about sicking the cops of my neighbors that I never said and maybe one day, it'll come true. Good luck to you, man.

Old 07-08-2014, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Criminal activity is people breaking into your home, not running out of state tags. Jesus.
Actually, criminal activity is violating any law, which includes the California Vehicle Code, not just burglary (which is the actual legal term for what you call someone "breaking into your home.") If you want to pick and choose which laws you obey and which you follow, that's up to you. I wonder how that's going to go for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego