Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2014, 07:33 PM

539 posts, read 523,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
I am (the idiot) here? I am laughing my ass off. Really, I have to chuckle.

When the CHP brings these lovely people in from being stopped with blood being drawn I am there at the gurney... so I actually know what I am talking about. Not that the facts will make any difference to you here.

And no, the Chianti (I am drinking now) at home is quite charming.
What are you talking about? So you have a problem with designated drivers?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2014, 07:39 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,091,022 times
Choose wisely. Your futures depend upon it.

Old 07-14-2014, 08:29 PM

539 posts, read 523,196 times
Quote:
Choose wisely. Your futures depend upon it.
your an idiot

Old 07-14-2014, 09:09 PM

3,545 posts, read 6,029,485 times
Quote:
So, again my question is who drives as obviously everyone is drinking. My perspective is that of a nurse who sees the carnage caused by drinking and driving. Sorry if it pisses you off, the law exists for a reason.
His original post states CLEARLY that one of them wouldn't drink. Wow. Just wow.

Old 07-15-2014, 07:52 AM

158 posts, read 246,940 times
Quote:
Who is planning to drive after the "visit" to the beach? Maybe ask your kids what they think.
Oh look, the morality police. I didn't realize the temperance union was still so popular these days. Even if OP and wifey were to split a 6 pack, neither would be legally drunk if it occurred over a couple of hours.

Old 07-15-2014, 08:03 AM

5,319 posts, read 8,981,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chitleah View Post
I understand that drinking is prohibited on the beaches. My question is how strict are the laws? My wife and I are in our 30s with 2 kids. If we were at the beach and have a 6 pack of beer or some mixed drinks and put it in solo cups would we get in trouble? We wouldn't get drunk or anything but we just like a drink while we're relaxing on the beach. Of course, one of us wouldn't drink so we could drive. We're moving there soon and just don't want to get in trouble but we're use to FL beaches where it's not a big deal. You just can't have bottles. Thanks!!
In Pacific Beach and Mission Beach, the SD police drive 4 wheelers up and down the beach during the daytime, during any busy beach day.

They look for people who might be drinking.

There are also lots of signs posted along the wall next to the beach which say No Alcohol and No Smoking, so the laws are clearly stated.

Personally, I wouldn't chance it if I were you.

Old 07-15-2014, 08:11 AM

50,242 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Do they use sniffers now? I've seen them up North but don't know if they use them down here. If they do it doesn't matter what kind of cup you put it in.

Old 07-15-2014, 08:25 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,091,022 times
If you drink, don't drive.

If you do, you may meet people like me. We don't really care what you think. We (police, judges, doctors and nurses) want you off the street. No exceptions.

Period.

Old 07-15-2014, 08:29 AM

2,986 posts, read 4,575,132 times
I've drank on the beaches in Carlsbad and Encinitas. To me it always seems as long as you are discreet about it and not acting like a drunken ******* you will be fine. Just don't draw unnecessary attention to yourself

Old 07-15-2014, 08:38 AM

1,584 posts, read 2,083,129 times
Quote:
If you drink, don't drive.

If you do, you may meet people like me. We don't really care what you think. We (police, judges, doctors and nurses) want you off the street. No exceptions.

Period.
By reading your posts in this thread, it's clear that you're either being a troll or excessively against all things alcohol to an irrational level. "If you drink, don't drive." Got it. I'll get to the beach early, drink a few light beers from 12 to 4 or so. Maybe go out for dinner at a nearby spot for at least an hour or so. Maybe then drive home and be back by 7. Oh wait.....I'm probably a danger to everyone and deserve to be arrested and taken off the road, despite scientific facts that would say that my body has properly processed the alcohol hours before that and I feel nothing whatsoever.

ANYWAY....To the original post, it's a lot easier to get away with at beaches without crowds obviously. I used to do it at Moonlight Beach a lot. If you'll be at a beach with heavy crowds, you could probably conceal it strategically but if you're willing to risk it you have to realize you can get caught. If I want to drink somewhere like Pacific or Mission Beach, I'll just go to a bar
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego