Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2014, 10:50 AM

9,824 posts, read 11,551,287 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro2000 View Post
There have been issues with the city and the organizers. It seems the city of SD hasn't exactly been that great to them on various occasions. I'm not sure if it's not the organizers trying to get better rates, a bigger convention center, etc or if the politicians of SD are just trying to screw them over. Who knows. Probably a combination of both.

I know a few people who attend for their jobs and a few others who love the event, but it's become one of those "comic con" in every city now. Many aren't affiliated with this event, but there is one in NY now and so on so at some point they are going to move it up to Los Angeles if San Diego doesn't get its act together. There have been talks for years about moving it up to LA. It could just be a threat, but eventually SD might be a city without a football team and Comic Con.
As a life long San Diegan, rest assured that, we are going to ***k this up!
The tax payer base in San Diego could care less about a football Stadium, and even less about expanding the convention center.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2014, 11:40 AM

15,129 posts, read 32,330,693 times
The city will keep promising to expand it, so CC will keep signing contracts. Eventually, CC will get tired of their promises, and will find another place to have it.

Old 07-28-2014, 04:49 PM

31,053 posts, read 22,086,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moved View Post
The city will keep promising to expand it, so CC will keep signing contracts. Eventually, CC will get tired of their promises, and will find another place to have it.
I'm sure they will have to move to a Vegas like environment sooner or later.

Old 07-28-2014, 05:09 PM

Wherever they move too, it'll be outgrown very quickly.

Old 07-28-2014, 06:09 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,106,096 times
I knew nothing about this spectacle when I arrived and have been quite impressed with the scale. That said the video of the car being held up and the eventual drama is fairly dumbs*hit. Don't they have officers directing traffic ??

Old 07-28-2014, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
I knew nothing about this spectacle when I arrived and have been quite impressed with the scale. That said the video of the car being held up and the eventual drama is fairly dumbs*hit. Don't they have officers directing traffic ??
No, that was the Zombie walk, and apparently the driver got impatient waiting for the Zombies to cross the street, so he plowed into them. Not a good idea, and apparently the driver and his family are deaf, and didn't understand what was going on.

Old 07-29-2014, 05:34 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,106,096 times
From what I saw people were attempting to enter his car and extract his kid as well as sitting on his hood. His windshield was completely smashed and his drivers side was dented. He was, in my view of the videos, protecting his family. When he saw a police officer he stopped and explained to the officer (signed) what was going on , He was not arrested or detained. People there were not helpful to him getting through. Drunk disorderly and frightening his children. It's basically the same most days in this area except they were dressed like zombies some of them. The man who sat on the hood and punched the windshield was drunk and gave a rather viivid description of his own actions which I am sure that he will regret later. Why no one helped this guy either go through the crowd or to back up safely is hard to answer. Given the damage to his vehicle it's fairly clear that he was trying to escape a mob unruly, threatening and dangerous. It's luck alone that only one innocent person was injured (and severely). When the lawsuits start flying it will be interesting to see who comes out on top. My money is on the driver.

Old 07-29-2014, 08:52 AM

2,986 posts, read 4,578,046 times
when can we sign up to get in the lottery for the 2015 tickets?

Old 07-29-2014, 09:34 AM

31,053 posts, read 22,086,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moved View Post
No, that was the Zombie walk, and apparently the driver got impatient waiting for the Zombies to cross the street, so he plowed into them. Not a good idea, and apparently the driver and his family are deaf, and didn't understand what was going on.
Maybe they thought they were real Zombies

Old 07-29-2014, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMUAlum08 View Post
when can we sign up to get in the lottery for the 2015 tickets?
They're supposed to announce it, but I would keep checking the website too be on the safe side. They go fast!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego