Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2014, 06:19 AM

50,274 posts, read 47,032,885 times

Advertisements

7 sacks, a fumble and 2 pics. 7 sacks? That says a lot of what needs to happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2014, 08:39 AM

2,986 posts, read 4,576,909 times
So disappointing. I predicted a 10-6 record leading to a playoff berth. All we had to do was win. I think if that Eddie Royal TD would have stood, we would have got the ball back with a chance to go ahead and in all honesty, I like our chances to win that game if it came down to that.

Old 12-29-2014, 12:55 PM

9,822 posts, read 11,546,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedsterman View Post
During the past eight years coaches and players have come and gone, trying to build a team around Philip Rivers. It’s seriously time to find a new quarterback. Elite Super Bowl quarterbacks have both a high IQ and high EQ (emotional quotient). River’s flashes of brilliance come with his high IQ; however his lower EQ prevents him from reaching the next level. The players that surround a quarterback need to play at a higher emotional level, however the quarterback needs to keep his emotions intact to see clarity among chaos. Philip River’s tantrums and outbursts are reflective of an unsettled mind. Do you recall making your best decisions when you were highly emotionaland and agitated or when you were calm and focused?
I think Rivers is fine, but played more than he was letting on.
If you remember in the first six games, when coverage broke down rivers found a way to get the first down. That how you guys were successful in the first 6/7 games. Some where around the first 6/7 games rivers got hurt and defenses started keying in on it watching film!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMUAlum08 View Post
So disappointing. I predicted a 10-6 record leading to a playoff berth. All we had to do was win. I think if that Eddie Royal TD would have stood, we would have got the ball back with a chance to go ahead and in all honesty, I like our chances to win that game if it came down to that.
I will say the Ref's rob you guys on 2 plays.
Two plays Before the Eddie Royal touch down overturn, was a blatant pass interference that was not called.

Last edited by hitman619; 12-29-2014 at 01:09 PM..

Old 12-29-2014, 03:18 PM

5,139 posts, read 8,848,721 times
I've been a proud Charger fan for 37 years so I've seen the ups and down. I'm terribly disappointed in the loss yesterday but here are my thoughts...

We can't tackle, it's painful to watch all the missed tackles
We have no running game. Without Matthews who is constantly injured, how many games did he actually miss again this year?

Our coach and coordinators have no creativity when it comes to play calling.

Unfortunately Rivers didn't play well yesterday. But when he kept throwing over the receivers heads in the end zone, why not take a chance on running the ball in?

Where were Gates and Floyd the whole game...McCoy brings them in during the last quarter??? They are our best players, what was he saving them for. I'm very confused.

They got lucky ending up with the record we did, and SD has a lot of work to do and changes to make to get this team anywhere near a Super Bowl. They need to start spending money on great players and keep the really good ones we had (like Sprouls, for example).

Let's not even start on how we are going to fund a new stadium.

Old 12-30-2014, 11:20 PM

5,291 posts, read 12,738,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveautumn View Post
I've been a proud Charger fan for 37 years so I've seen the ups and down. I'm terribly disappointed in the loss yesterday but here are my thoughts...

We can't tackle, it's painful to watch all the missed tackles
We have no running game. Without Matthews who is constantly injured, how many games did he actually miss again this year?

Our coach and coordinators have no creativity when it comes to play calling.

Unfortunately Rivers didn't play well yesterday. But when he kept throwing over the receivers heads in the end zone, why not take a chance on running the ball in?

Where were Gates and Floyd the whole game...McCoy brings them in during the last quarter??? They are our best players, what was he saving them for. I'm very confused.

They got lucky ending up with the record we did, and SD has a lot of work to do and changes to make to get this team anywhere near a Super Bowl. They need to start spending money on great players and keep the really good ones we had (like Sprouls, for example).

Let's not even start on how we are going to fund a new stadium.
Co-signed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego