Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2014, 07:39 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,098,118 times

Advertisements

Enough said.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcCN5C7UBx0
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2014, 07:56 PM

1,300 posts, read 2,024,985 times
"Enough Said"

It definitely will get some attention in the court of public opinion and I imagine all the "constitutional experts" and "street lawyers" will come out of the woodwork. All in good form though, that is what our society is built upon; freedom of speech, opinion, and many other liberties that I couldn't even begin to list.

Just curious, what would you have done as a law enforcement officer on the freeway presented with this situation? I always like to get people's perspectives on this type of thing.

Old 08-14-2014, 07:59 PM

I am not a cop and though I do confront potentially dangerous situations (and people) my training is adequate. Are you suggesting that the CHP officer in this video was using a technique to subdue a dangerous person?

Old 08-14-2014, 08:04 PM

Not suggesting anything. Like I said, just getting your perspective.

With your adequate training and experience confronting dangerous situations and people, what would you have done?

Old 08-14-2014, 08:07 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_Zub3HsCLw

emphasis on limited space.

Old 08-14-2014, 08:17 PM

Oh, OK. Nice move. That looks pretty effective and elegant as well. Not much force needed at all, almost utopian in nature.

Old 08-14-2014, 08:46 PM

Seems to work really well in the mat room with a compliant subject that gives you his arm when asked.

Old 08-14-2014, 09:09 PM

The take down was just a way to control the person until help arrived. Who knows what went through the man's mind as he was beating the woman about her head.

Old 08-14-2014, 09:34 PM

Yeah, it is an unfortunate situation indeed. Who knows what lurks in the mind of men or women.

I have heard it said that the number one rule in law enforcement is to go home to your family safe and sound every night after work. With that in mind and the fact he was chasing a mentally ill person around in traffic, he probably just wanted to put the situation to an end as soon as possible. It looks like him and the plainclothes cop had a pickle of a time trying to subdue and cuff her even after the blows to the face and head.

I think the arm bar is just as violent as the strikes to the face, it just looks prettier. It often causes joint dislocations and broken bones, but it does look really elegant when applied properly. People usually go down face first with them as well, often resulting in a broken nose and lacerations. Cracked ribs as well.

Well we'll see what happens. I am sure there will be a citizen's review board that looks at this as well besides an internal investigation by CAL-DOJ

Old 08-15-2014, 07:14 AM

The man in question is going to prison for assault and will be paying his retirement to the victim in this case and deservedly so IMO.

If you think the arm bar - = the assault you have to get new glasses. While we are entitled to our opinions I think that most everyone would disagree with you in a theatre watching the videos. In any case, be careful out there.

Always make sure that the cop that stops you is actually a cop.
Roll down your window to communicate and show drivers license and registration.
Do not exit your vehicle unless you are informed that you are being detained or are under arrest.
Tell the officer that you want to drive to a public place (especially at night).
Call your closest friend.
Take your phone and record or video the encounter.

If you have broken a law be courteous and compliant. Don't argue.
If you feel that you are in danger at any time, tell the officer that you feel that way and record it on your phone

Most cops are regular people. Some are not as we see here.

A final note. Just because someone may be mentally ill does not give ANYONE the right to harm them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego