U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2014, 12:03 PM

2 posts, read 5,863 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,
I just moved to lemon grove, a bit east of skyline street off of mt. vernon. I am female in my 20's and I want to know what your opinions are on how safe it is to walk around this area. I have a small dog that I want to walk around the neighborhoods alone, and in the daytime, but I am paranoid, so would like some input.

thank you!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2014, 01:01 PM

9,400 posts, read 10,325,947 times
That part of lemon grove is fine, you will be Ok.The only part of lemon grove that can get a little rough is near the trolley.
Don't for get to check out Lemon grove Deli and Coops BBQ down the street

Old 08-21-2014, 01:31 PM

2 posts, read 5,863 times
Default thanks!

Thanks so much! I need to get over my fear of the outdoors I guess haha. And yes, I already am a big fan of Lemon Grove deli and grill, and will try coops very soon!

Old 08-21-2014, 02:11 PM

4,630 posts, read 9,799,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leeta90 View Post
Hi everyone,
I just moved to lemon grove, a bit east of skyline street off of mt. vernon. I am female in my 20's and I want to know what your opinions are on how safe it is to walk around this area. I have a small dog that I want to walk around the neighborhoods alone, and in the daytime, but I am paranoid, so would like some input.

thank you!
Welcome to the neighborhood

I just got back from my walk actually around town. We live on the west side of LG Ave and walk downtown for Starbucks or Grove Pastry shop for some weekend treats. Its also great just taking the trolley right into La Mesa or Downtown.

Some new life in the LG downtown area for your walk. If you like ribs and wings there is a place that just opened a few weeks ago called The Buffalo Spot and its REALLY good. Definitely worth checking out. Also a new Teriyaki Bowl joint that supposedly is very good as well.
El Pollo Grill is a staple as is LG Deli.

Across the way near the trolley stop is a new International Market that will be opening soon with outdoor seating.

Safety has never been a concern for us the 4 years we have owned a home here. While I dont think its the same in all parts of the Grove, the trolley area has been improved with much better lighting and open spaces. Amazing what simple lighting can do.
My wife has come home late in the evenings from the trolley and never had issues.

There is a new linear park that will be going in along the entire trolley line for walking and biking in the next year or so which will be great. Not sure if you will be around for it, but should prove to be a great asset.
City of Lemon Grove, CA : Connect Main Street

Feel free to PM me for any other questions about the area

Old 08-21-2014, 07:20 PM

9,400 posts, read 10,325,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shmoov_groovzsd View Post
Welcome to the neighborhood

I just got back from my walk actually around town. We live on the west side of LG Ave and walk downtown for Starbucks or Grove Pastry shop for some weekend treats. Its also great just taking the trolley right into La Mesa or Downtown.

Some new life in the LG downtown area for your walk. If you like ribs and wings there is a place that just opened a few weeks ago called The Buffalo Spot and its REALLY good. Definitely worth checking out. Also a new Teriyaki Bowl joint that supposedly is very good as well.
El Pollo Grill is a staple as is LG Deli.

Across the way near the trolley stop is a new International Market that will be opening soon with outdoor seating.

Safety has never been a concern for us the 4 years we have owned a home here. While I dont think its the same in all parts of the Grove, the trolley area has been improved with much better lighting and open spaces. Amazing what simple lighting can do.
My wife has come home late in the evenings from the trolley and never had issues.

There is a new linear park that will be going in along the entire trolley line for walking and biking in the next year or so which will be great. Not sure if you will be around for it, but should prove to be a great asset.
City of Lemon Grove, CA : Connect Main Street

Feel free to PM me for any other questions about the area
So they finally cleaned up the trolley
I rode the trolley last month, and they have really done a nice job with the lemon grove trolley stop.

Old 08-21-2014, 10:38 PM

9,309 posts, read 28,919,393 times
Safe to walk in nearly all of SD County with the exception of downtown and immediate surroundings, city heights, El Cajon boulevard, university ave. LG just stay away from Broadway/ federal after dark. Stick to the neighborhoods, very quiet. SD overall, is very quiet.

Old 08-22-2014, 08:31 AM

4,630 posts, read 9,799,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassberto View Post
Safe to walk in nearly all of SD County with the exception of downtown and immediate surroundings, city heights, El Cajon boulevard, university ave. LG just stay away from Broadway/ federal after dark. Stick to the neighborhoods, very quiet. SD overall, is very quiet.
True. Federal is not lit very well but it's also a strip of road that has light industrial businesses along it. Not really conducive for a walk around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego