Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2014, 08:59 AM

25 posts, read 66,646 times

Advertisements

Anyone know of a good place to park in downtown san diego? Also what time I should get there to find available parking
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2014, 01:45 PM

745 posts, read 1,568,068 times
There is a lot of parking all around downtown but it is not cheap and they don't reimburse you. I park at a free trolley lot and ride the trolley to downtown and back when I am participating in the jury process.

Old 09-27-2014, 06:42 PM

1,116 posts, read 1,132,930 times
How far is it from the trolley stop to the courthouse?

Old 09-28-2014, 12:09 PM

745 posts, read 1,568,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3chidogs View Post
How far is it from the trolley stop to the courthouse?
There are several trolley stops. I choose between one of two that are very close. You walk a couple of blocks, no more than you would walk from a parking lot.

Old 10-02-2014, 05:09 PM

25 posts, read 66,646 times
Which trolley lot did you park at? I checked the map, there doesn't seem to be any parking lot at the civic center station or the America Plaza station

edit: I called after 5pm and they told me I'm not needed for the day I was scheduled, but still to call again on that day.. How many times until they say okay you're not needed, don't call again until your next mail call up?

Last edited by masterori; 10-02-2014 at 06:17 PM..

Old 10-02-2014, 10:48 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,276,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterori View Post
Which trolley lot did you park at? I checked the map, there doesn't seem to be any parking lot at the civic center station or the America Plaza station

edit: I called after 5pm and they told me I'm not needed for the day I was scheduled, but still to call again on that day.. How many times until they say okay you're not needed, don't call again until your next mail call up?
There is free parking at Old Town transit center, Fashion Valley mall and Hazard Center.

Old 10-03-2014, 09:48 AM

1,116 posts, read 1,132,930 times
How did you get to call in? My summons says I have to go in the first day. I would love to just call in. In L.A. county that's all you had to do, unless you were needed.

Old 09-24-2015, 09:33 PM

1,537 posts, read 1,483,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAlt View Post
I think I'm damaged goods for jury duty, having served on a jury in 1987 that was hung. Since then, three times I've been to the point where we get interviewed by the lawyers (voir dire). They ask about prior jury service and all three times the prosecution has cut me loose, I think due to the hung jury.

Well maybe not. To my shock I was selected for a jury this week.

Old 09-25-2015, 11:25 AM

9,822 posts, read 11,544,162 times
Quote:
LOL!
Hopefully you get paid from your job. At my old job i use to get a full days pay when i served on a jury.

Old 09-29-2015, 02:18 PM

9,525 posts, read 30,473,115 times
Quote:
I was chosen for a jury while my wife was within days of having our first kid. I was told "we'll let you go if your wife goes into labor". I was chosen as an alternate and 2 jurors lied, bailed and no-showed and the judge asked no questions and was forced to serve. It was horrendous. I'll never forget the social worker saying "we'll just stay here as long as it takes until justice is served". The jury consisted of retirees, schoolteachers, an anti-government gun nut, a millenial who showed up late every day and almost got charged with contempt of court. Everyone was being paid to sit there and waste time. I spent 3 weeks on a rape/kidnap trial that was supposed last 3 days, my son was born and my boss pitched a fit and I had to go back to work after a week. If it wasn't for me and the foreman (also a software engineer) forcing the jury to actually review the evidence and make a decision, we would have ended up spending a month in deliberation and ended in a hung jury (this guy was completely guilty). It was an eye opener for sure and showed me that if you ever get in trouble with the law, you need a good lawyer, and whatever you do - do not end up in a jury trial.

I made the mistake of being honest, not lying and ended up nearly losing my job because of it. Everyone else lied. The prospective jurors, the defendant, the police. The judge was an uncaring beaurocrat. I will never, ever under any circumstances serve on a jury again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego