Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2014, 02:32 PM

3,545 posts, read 6,007,097 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Co Sign View Post
Well said, the only thing that I notice that need some help is the beach. Those seaweed looking things all over on the beach makes it look dirty. If they can find a way to clean that, it'll look beautiful. I forgot the name of that really long beach with the carnival rides. Other than that San Diego is my favorite place to visit.
I suppose they could cut down the offshore kelp beds so you could enjoy the beach more
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2014, 09:24 AM

5,151 posts, read 4,488,356 times
Not there anymore but lived in SD & SD County for many years & loved that I could grow tomatoes in winter & grew avocados, oranges, tangerines, grapefruit, pomegranates, limes, blood oranges, Meyer lemons, & lemons all year round, and yesterday I had to PAY $.50 for a lemon!

Old 10-13-2014, 07:49 PM

234 posts, read 218,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metoque View Post
That's because poor people and non-whites are statistically more likely to commit violent crime, so there's data to back up the bias.

No need for this, I dont know how you got there.

Old 10-13-2014, 07:50 PM

234 posts, read 218,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisplacesucks View Post
Not there anymore but lived in SD & SD County for many years & loved that I could grow tomatoes in winter & grew avocados, oranges, tangerines, grapefruit, pomegranates, limes, blood oranges, Meyer lemons, & lemons all year round, and yesterday I had to PAY $.50 for a lemon!
Lol may I ask where did you moved to?

Old 10-16-2014, 05:24 PM

74 posts, read 88,992 times
the women

Old 10-18-2014, 05:41 PM

1,391 posts, read 1,490,890 times
Not only clear skies but also clear air.

This is probably related to another thing I like, which is that there's still a lot of open space and many of the towns in North County retain their individual character. I graduated from UCSD in 1980 and went back to L.A.; when I moved down to North County a few months ago, I was surprised that the whole area doesn't seem to be any more built out than it was in 1980. Or if it is, then I'm just not seeing it where I happen to be.

Last edited by Those Who Squirm; 10-18-2014 at 06:05 PM..

Old 10-19-2014, 06:39 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,804,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metoque View Post
That's because poor people and non-whites are statistically more likely to commit violent crime, so there's data to back up the bias.

Hmmm,who was the most recent 'non-white' mass killer? Whites just get away with their violent crimes more.

Old 10-19-2014, 03:09 PM

124 posts, read 219,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
Hmmm,who was the most recent 'non-white' mass killer? Whites just get away with their violent crimes more.
Was just about to leave the exact same comment. People love ignoring the fact that it's mostly white men who commit mass murders.

Old 10-19-2014, 06:26 PM

1,095 posts, read 1,624,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveByTheSun View Post
Was just about to leave the exact same comment. People love ignoring the fact that it's mostly white men who commit mass murders.
I've actually brought this point up in other threads and some posters just laugh it off and act like I'm making things up.

Old 10-19-2014, 06:39 PM

8,665 posts, read 5,804,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aboveordinary View Post
I've actually brought this point up in other threads and some posters just laugh it off and act like I'm making things up.
Not surprised, racist bigots live in a deluded state.No other explanation for their inability to see how genocide,eugenics and slavery is wrong,but they try to justify such inhumanity!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego