Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2014, 01:06 PM

22 posts, read 21,654 times

Advertisements

Hi there..
i'm new a person here so i hope to accepting me
as one member of this great fourm.
me and my wife planing to study english course cuz
l'm not a felunt in english langauge and my wife too.
and we planning to study in usa so
we want to know whats the best city about ( cost of living and safe ) between las vegas and san diego our budget as students ( 2000$ monthly for us )
The school at san diego is 395$ per month.
the school at las vegas is 350$ per month.
and if u know another city with cheap english school
please let me know.

God bless of you
thank you
your brother
mero
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2014, 03:32 PM

2,483 posts, read 4,350,628 times
At first I thought he was asking for advice pills and I was like, 4 please! But then I saw his english.

First of all Mero, good for you for learning this much English ad wanting to continue that study. I'm sure your english is a lot better than my Arabic. Las Vegas will be a lot cheaper to live in than San Diego, and it looks like school will be more affordable there too. It will have everything you need, has plenty of international visitors and residents, and considering where you're coming from, it might actually remind you of home in some ways.

Old 12-17-2014, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by otterprods View Post
At first I thought he was asking for advice pills and I was like, 4 please! But then I saw his english.

First of all Mero, good for you for learning this much English ad wanting to continue that study. I'm sure your english is a lot better than my Arabic. Las Vegas will be a lot cheaper to live in than San Diego, and it looks like school will be more affordable there too. It will have everything you need, has plenty of international visitors and residents, and considering where you're coming from, it might actually remind you of home in some ways.
Thank you for ur reply bro.
we are from saudi arabia.
Where are u from

Old 12-18-2014, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mero... View Post
Thank you for ur reply bro.
we are from saudi arabia.
Where are u from
You can usually see where people are from by looking a the location header int eh upper right of each post. In my case, it says, "Colorado" which is true, but some people put nonsensical info in there to either protect their privacy or be funny or both. That is how I knew you were from Saudi Arabia.

Old 12-18-2014, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by otterprods View Post
You can usually see where people are from by looking a the location header int eh upper right of each post. In my case, it says, "Colorado" which is true, but some people put nonsensical info in there to either protect their privacy or be funny or both. That is how I knew you were from Saudi Arabia.
When i post my msg i didnt mean to protected my privacy and we are opening mind.
About our goal to come to usa to study english and
our gorvemnt if we study for 4 months to 6months by
our personal expenses and then we are goin to transfer
to the scholship from our gorvemnt they will give us 3600$ monthly and they will pay the university for us and
give us the flight tickets every year so its nice chance
to get exprince to live abroad and make friendship with usa people.

Thank u bro for ur reply and dod bless u

Old 12-18-2014, 10:53 PM

15 posts, read 17,357 times
Mero,
If you are paying out of pocket for you and your wife to study English why don't you try a cheaper place to study and live. Obviously it is up to you but California is a very expensive state in general especially housing. My advise to you is to find an English school in a college campus in the Midwest. It will be cheaper for you and your wife and if you live in campus you can save a lot in transportation. All large campuses (like the university of Michigan were I went) have excellent private English learning schools and the cost of living will be affordable based on your budget. If your mind is set on San Diego or Las Vegas you can transfer once the government of Saudi Arabia starts paying your tuition. Large schools have huge number of international students including students from Saudi Arabia and other gulf states. You will make immediate friends both Americans and foreigners.

Good luck

Old 12-19-2014, 04:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastMick View Post
Mero,
If you are paying out of pocket for you and your wife to study English why don't you try a cheaper place to study and live. Obviously it is up to you but California is a very expensive state in general especially housing. My advise to you is to find an English school in a college campus in the Midwest. It will be cheaper for you and your wife and if you live in campus you can save a lot in transportation. All large campuses (like the university of Michigan were I went) have excellent private English learning schools and the cost of living will be affordable based on your budget. If your mind is set on San Diego or Las Vegas you can transfer once the government of Saudi Arabia starts paying your tuition. Large schools have huge number of international students including students from Saudi Arabia and other gulf states. You will make immediate friends both Americans and foreigners.

Good luck
Thank you so much for ur advice.
please can i get ur email address to connect with u.
thank u again and god bless u

Old 12-19-2014, 04:24 AM

I found the school at houston tx 489$ per month and found a accomidation 700$ per month and the distance between the school and the accomidation is 2km.
what u think

Old 12-19-2014, 09:33 AM

6,418 posts, read 11,541,547 times
Houston is generally an OK area. A good place to start out, if your budget is small.

If you ask in the Houston forum, someone might be able to tell you about the particular school and accomodations you're looking at. Here's the link to the Houston forum: //www.city-data.com/forum/houston/

Old 12-19-2014, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastMick View Post
California is a very expensive state in general... If your mind is set on San Diego or Las Vegas you can transfer...
I totally agree about CA, at least anywhere near a city and/or the coast. But is Vegas expensive? It was always dirt cheap as far as I knew, as long as yore' well off the strip. Has that changed? (I know I could google it but easier to just ask) Also it's very cosmopolitan compared to all but the biggest midwest cities, and offers a lot of variety and newer housing. The main drawback would be the intense summer heat but I'd think that would be of minimal concern for someone coming from Saudi Arabia.

Houston is a decent option, and is probably pretty affordable It's among the largest cities in the US, which could be good or bad... definitely good to live so close to schooling in that case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego