Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2015, 11:45 PM

5,151 posts, read 4,528,249 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I just got back from a trip to Yuma. There were MILLIONS of RVs stacked up out in the desert. I mean it was crazy. The thing is, it was freakin COLD. I'm talking in the 20s at night and barely 50s during the day with pretty big winds. The biggest thing was, there was NOTHING out there. Rocks!!! The only living thing for about 30 miles was a freakin Burro. I guess it's real cheap living on blm land.

My buddy said that is fairly normal for this time of year. I dunno but that don't sound like a winter I'd like to partake in. I guess it would beat a Wisconsin winter but staring at moonscape for 3 months, where it's still pretty cold, isn't my definition of snowbird weather.
What license plates did you see? Minnesota? North Dakota? British Columbia? Alberta? Manitoba? Yuma feels like the tropics compared to a winter in one of those!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2015, 07:45 AM

3,663 posts, read 8,665,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMUAlum08 View Post
I did the same thing last November. It so worth it
I know!!! I do a happy dance every day just thinking about.
I almost can't wait, every day I fight the urge to drive back to San Diego and say screw it, the kids can finish the school year there.

Old 01-25-2015, 08:04 AM

147 posts, read 217,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedsterman View Post
I usually hear that San Diego weather is boring because it lacks four seasons. I use to live in the Midwest and sometimes was cooped up indoors during the winter, dreaming of an early spring so I could play golf. Some oppressive summers kept me indoors in air conditioned spaces. San Diego's temperate climate allows for year round hiking, biking, sailing, surfing, golfing, tennis, volleyball, etc. If you are bored in San Diego, it's your own fault! So much more to do than your typical city.
This ^^^^ I couldn't of said it better myself. Screw four seasons I am over it. I will take spring/summer weather 365 days a year.

Old 01-25-2015, 10:01 AM

50,271 posts, read 47,032,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisplacesucks View Post
What license plates did you see? Minnesota? North Dakota? British Columbia? Alberta? Manitoba? Yuma feels like the tropics compared to a winter in one of those!
It was all over the place. I just don't know why they chose AZ over say CA cause it's all blm land. Their blm land is a lot of moonscape. I've been E of Riverside(more moonscape) on the way to Vegas and didn't see hordes of RVs so there must be a reason.

Old 01-25-2015, 11:38 AM

15,129 posts, read 32,322,556 times
Parking on BLM land is free, as opposed to being in a RV park. I was a snowbird for three years with my ex, and we wintered in Quartzite to get away from the Sacramento winters.

Old 01-25-2015, 11:53 AM

6,420 posts, read 11,594,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
It was all over the place. I just don't know why they chose AZ over say CA cause it's all blm land. Their blm land is a lot of moonscape. I've been E of Riverside(more moonscape) on the way to Vegas and didn't see hordes of RVs so there must be a reason.
I believe BLM in CA is stricter about your self-contained capability than AZ.

Old 01-25-2015, 05:57 PM

50,271 posts, read 47,032,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oddstray View Post
I believe BLM in CA is stricter about your self-contained capability than AZ.
Ewww don't know if that is a positive thing for AZ

Old 01-25-2015, 06:38 PM

15,129 posts, read 32,322,556 times
There are "Honey Doo" trucks that come around on a regular basis that empty waste holding tanks, along with water trucks to fill up the water tanks.

Old 01-26-2015, 01:36 AM

1,235 posts, read 1,769,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassberto View Post
Post of the year
It is only January....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego