Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2011, 10:46 AM

15,129 posts, read 32,322,556 times

Advertisements

Just look up "Senior Housing San Diego," on Google, and you should find lots of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2011, 12:41 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by namder1 View Post
Carole, will you share some websites you found on senior housing.....I am in the same situation as you and need affordable housing. Did you find any that are pet friendly?
Having a sect 8 voucher does not assure you anything. SInce Carole never returned I think we can figure she found out, what looked good was not all that good. If rents are so afforable for seniors in So Ca why are so many leaving to go to less expensive states?

Nita

Old 06-27-2011, 01:10 PM

15,129 posts, read 32,322,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Having a sect 8 voucher does not assure you anything. SInce Carole never returned I think we can figure she found out, what looked good was not all that good. If rents are so afforable for seniors in So Ca why are so many leaving to go to less expensive states?

Nita
This is true.

Old 06-28-2011, 06:16 AM

885 posts, read 1,494,999 times
wow your right....oops

Old 06-28-2011, 07:09 PM

36,658 posts, read 67,519,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carole05 View Post
Thanks!! since posting I have spent every other hour on the computer. Found lot's of information on affordable housing in CA. Actually it is pretty nice for the seniors, gated communities, beautiful views and lots to do. Average apartment was 1 bedroom, 750 sq ft. Nearly brand new. Dish washer/disposal/selfcleaning ranges/pools/spas/activities and touring trips if you want to participate. Adjusted utilities/phone and cable for people living on social security...Thanks for your encouragement!! It will be a little scary for me making the trip with my little dog and old car but low miles...but hey I wouldn't have even looked back in my 20's!!!
Yes, there are many senior communities in California that would meet your needs. I suggest getting in contact with this agency of San Diego County.
County of San Diego: Aging and Independence Services

They might be able to steer in the right direction not only as far as housing, but also health care and activities for seniors.

My parents are about your age and I can sort of relate to your desire to be happy at this stage in your life. Good Luck.

Old 06-29-2011, 06:12 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Yes, there are many senior communities in California that would meet your needs. I suggest getting in contact with this agency of San Diego County.
County of San Diego: Aging and Independence Services

They might be able to steer in the right direction not only as far as housing, but also health care and activities for seniors.

My parents are about your age and I can sort of relate to your desire to be happy at this stage in your life. Good Luck.
As mentioned before, Carole came on 31/2 years ago and has never been back. I don't think any information you or any of us give is going to Make a difference now. She probably found out her section 8 voucher would do he no good, the wait list is years long and living in So Ca is more expensive than where she is/was then. Sounds to me she is like so many of us: somewhat dreaming of "what if I could?" not really planning on a move.

Nita

Old 07-01-2011, 11:14 PM

422 posts, read 792,050 times
I am curious how someone that gets housing checks can afford to be visiting CA from FL often.

Old 07-02-2011, 09:39 AM

6,420 posts, read 11,594,830 times
Perhaps the tickets were paid for by friends and/or family.

Old 07-02-2011, 01:01 PM

141 posts, read 286,831 times
There are places. Now if you are in Florida now you might want to visit first and see if this is the place you left. SD has changed allot and you may find the things you enjoyed then are now gone. If your in philly then by all means leave on the first train .Ha ha..............For me I would chose Florida over SD any day and if I was in philly I would want out as fast as I can. Look on Craiglist San Diego under housing and in the search box that comes up in housing menu type in "section 8". I have heard that the Lanlords charge a little more to the renter than they get from section 8 so they can get fair market value. Best thing would be to come visit first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego