Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2015, 12:01 AM

3,545 posts, read 6,032,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstieber View Post
I haven't you noticed a single scratch location close yet. They all seem to be busy. I also like North Park produce! The owners are super nice, they have very interesting grocery products, and their produce is varied and inexpensive. However, I would say the quality and farmers markets is the best overall and at my local Scripps Ranch one, I find the prices generally better than grocery stores for a lot of things like oranges, avocados, leafy greens, etc.. However, strawberries and honey seem expensive.
Try getting raw, local honey from the grocery store, though. I wasn't allowed to consume it when my immune system was shot this past summer and none of the stuff at the grocery store even came close!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2015, 11:14 AM

9,807 posts, read 11,142,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenkay View Post
Which locations? wait wait, I'm confused. You're saying there was a Henry's in North County until recently? I thought they all became Sprouts by about 2011-2012?
I guess I lost track of the precise time I noticed Henry's getting gobbled up. 2012 was the year I returned to SD county before settling in OC. It was hectic and scattered during that year. It was a blur due to the very difficult move back, sale of my house, new job, purchase of a new house (while fighting off 8 other offers on every house I wanted), and even county selection. Sorry I lost track of the exact date.

Old 02-09-2015, 11:19 AM

FWIW, the Balboa International Market has a few interesting Middle Eastern selections (and cheaper produce) though it is not in the very best neighborhood.

Old 02-09-2015, 11:21 AM

Jenkay, it sounds like you are very well versed on nutrition, etc. But are you familiar with ip6 inositol? Whole Paycheck sells it although it can be purchased on Amazon. My closest friend is dealing with what you are dealing with and started taking it

Old 02-09-2015, 12:01 PM

6,420 posts, read 11,596,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
FWIW, the Balboa International Market has a few interesting Middle Eastern selections (and cheaper produce) though it is not in the very best neighborhood.
It's on Balboa, near Mt. Alifan. There's nothing at all wrong with that neighborhood (except maybe the traffic). We'll stick with North Park Produce because it's much closer to us.

Old 02-09-2015, 04:43 PM

50,288 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenkay View Post
Try getting raw, local honey from the grocery store, though. I wasn't allowed to consume it when my immune system was shot this past summer and none of the stuff at the grocery store even came close!
My neighbor has a hive and chickens so we get free eggs and honey. I don't know why he does it but he does. I better kick him down some Venison in return.

Old 02-09-2015, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Jenkay, it sounds like you are very well versed on nutrition, etc. But are you familiar with ip6 inositol? Whole Paycheck sells it although it can be purchased on Amazon. My closest friend is dealing with what you are dealing with and started taking it
I'm well-versed in nutrition, but not supplements. I appreciate the suggestion, though.

The reason I know so much about Boney's-Henry's-sprouts is because I worked there before and during the years I was doing my community college coursework a decade and a half ago, and have kept in touch with friends that still work fir the company today, mostly in administrative positions.

Old 02-09-2015, 06:30 PM

That's interesting about working there. It seems like a fun place to work, and would be nice to be around healthy customers. We seem to have a lot of really young people working at our Sprouts which I guess is a good thing.

Here is a short informative video about IP6.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7X1jjulqbI

Old 02-09-2015, 11:48 PM

Quote:
That's interesting about working there. It seems like a fun place to work, and would be nice to be around healthy customers. We seem to have a lot of really young people working at our Sprouts which I guess is a good thing.

Here is a short informative video about IP6.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7X1jjulqbI
That was my polite way of saying "no thank you, I eat extraordinarily healthy and I excercise pretty much every day, I'm doing all the right things for myself and my body. I'm not interested in pseudoscience or in throwing extra substances into my body just becuase someone on the Internet suggests it".

Old 02-10-2015, 08:24 AM

50,288 posts, read 47,043,365 times
ain't that the dude got shot down LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego