Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2015, 09:22 AM

1,235 posts, read 1,769,667 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveautumn View Post
Question...it's only the people who live in the city of SD that would vote, not SD County, correct?

Also, not to insult anyone, but are a lot of people in LA really going to want to travel to Carson anyway...I thought that was a rather unsafe area??? I think the land where they want to build is the old race track. I don't see them selling a lot of expensive corporate boxes there, but I could be wrong.

Also, since the Aztecs also will use the stadium if we build a new one, would SDSU pay for part of this?
Carson is not Beverly Hills but it is not unsafe either. I'd call it working class but generally safe. Anyway people in LA attended Rams/Raider games at the LA Colosseum back in the 80's when that was way more of a sketchy area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2015, 09:24 AM

9,807 posts, read 11,142,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetLegal View Post
Carson is not Beverly Hills but it is not unsafe either. I'd call it working class but generally safe. Anyway people in LA attended Rams/Raider games at the LA Colosseum back in the 80's when that was way more of a sketchy area.
I seem to see bars in the windows in Carson. I don't know why that is...

Old 02-21-2015, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sithlord72 View Post
Why should LA be rewarded with a team? You could care less about football 20 yrs ago.

Who said LA is being rewarded with anything? First of all, nothing has happened yet. The National Fraud League likes to use LA as a bargaining chip for other cities. Also, this is a business and nothing more. It is hard to ignore the second largest city in the country forever.

I could care less either way. F**k Roger G. Hope that azz whole chokes on his own vomit.

Old 02-21-2015, 09:28 AM

9,807 posts, read 11,142,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetLegal View Post
Who said LA is being rewarded with anything? First of all, nothing has happened yet. The National Fraud League likes to use LA as a bargaining chip for other cities. Also, this is a business and nothing more. It is hard to ignore the second largest city in the country forever.
Agreed.

Old 02-21-2015, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
I seem to see bars in the windows in Carson. I don't know why that is...
Ok, stay down there in southern Orange County in your gated community. Meanwhile life goes on in the real world.....

Old 02-21-2015, 09:35 AM

16,588 posts, read 27,390,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbell75 View Post
Sure Anaheim is a city, look up the definition. One of the 50 largest in the country I might add. Both Anaheim and San Diego incorporated as cities around the same time and both boomed around the same time after WWII. We have everything SD does. Not to mention everything here is located closer together. Disneyland is across the street from the convention center. Honda center is 3 miles down the road and across the freeway from Angel stadium. We have the better baseball team by a mile and the better hockey, oh wait, there is no pro hockey in SD. Whoops
The Ducks are moving one of their franchises from Virginia to San Diego

Old 02-21-2015, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
Some posters think they know everything especially since they are fresh out of college.

Comic-con, as an event, would seem to be entrenched in San Diego. However, San Diego thinking they have a lock on it is silly and comical (forgive the pun). Anaheim has been redeveloping for many years now. It is no longer suburban sprawl in many areas now. But of course, to know this, one would have to spend time there.

Can Anaheim lure Comic-Con? Here are four reasons it could - The Orange County Register

I am not arguing that Anaheim is the same as DTSD, however, in terms of attractions, Anaheim has a myriad including three theme parks (including neighboring Knotts), access to some of the nicest beaches in Southern California, and proximity to LA. It will be interesting to see what happens. It is not just NFL teams at play.

The SD zoo is great but not exactly exciting. Sea World is a snoozefest. The DTSD area, of course,has more visual appeal as it gives the appearance of a city whereas Anaheim cannot.

Here are a few additional things to consider about Comic-con folks:

I suspect more Comic-Con goers are geeks and less likely to go to the beach anyway.
I also suspect that there are a higher percentage of males in this group who may be looking for cheaper food and cheaper rooms that might be easier to find in Anaheim where there is more variety.
However, San Diego weather may win out since Anaheim can occasionally get hotter in April and a lot of these guys wear costumes (so Vegas would not work for costume wearers).
Comic Con takes place in July.

Old 02-21-2015, 09:51 AM

50,289 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malcorub16 View Post
ATP, you hit a soar spot, this thread is 2 days old and up to 10 pages long
Remember this one? Some of the guys nailed it, unfortunately.

//www.city-data.com/forum/newre...ply&p=10352420

Old 02-21-2015, 09:52 AM

4,582 posts, read 3,408,767 times
I am dying to see how this plays out, the Charger's have certainly showed their hand, but I think too soon and it will backfire. The NFL has since stated that their is no way they will allow 3 teams in LA, and I actually believe that, and there is NO way the Inglewood proposal will be shelved. There is already a rumor out that if the Chargers leave, Jacksonville will try to move here.

Old 02-21-2015, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by armourereric View Post
I am dying to see how this plays out, the Charger's have certainly showed their hand, but I think too soon and it will backfire. The NFL has since stated that their is no way they will allow 3 teams in LA, and I actually believe that, and there is NO way the Inglewood proposal will be shelved. There is already a rumor out that if the Chargers leave, Jacksonville will try to move here.
Personally, I think they showed their hand at this time on purpose. It doesn't seem like the Chargers want to stay here. By doing what they did now, they have evaporated a lot of fan support. When the home games this coming season have pathetic attendance, they will use that as more justification to leave. I think they're carefully and deliberately sabotaging any chance of staying IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego