Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2015, 10:52 AM

780 posts, read 678,600 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
This^^^
But also i have to advise against Staying in Military housing here in San Diego. While it is free, the drama that goes on at some of these military housing complexes here in San Diego is Imo, Not worth it!
I also heard there is a long waiting list, so that may not help O.P.
Ahhhh. The word "drama" alone is enough to deter me from bothering. I mean, drama can be found anywhere. Just out of curiosity...you don't have to answer since it's not really related lol...how do you know or how do you get affected? Is it something so crazy that it's just known in the community?

So, would it be just as advisable to be out of base range? Meaning, families close to the base may be military families = drama? Omg, now I'm scared!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2015, 10:55 AM

15,129 posts, read 32,326,222 times
Living close to the base doesn't mean there are military families living there. I live across the street from the base, and no one in the complex where I live, or on my street is military.

You have nothing to worry about, just find an apartment that you like.

Old 03-11-2015, 11:23 AM

6,504 posts, read 7,536,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moved View Post
Living close to the base doesn't mean there are military families living there. I live across the street from the base, and no one in the complex where I live, or on my street is military.

So strange...and here I thought the military was to protect us, yet some are afraid to live too close to that base. The apartments around Miramar and Coronado are filled with service men and women.

Old 03-11-2015, 12:04 PM

The problem is this: If there are no shops, cafes, restaurants, or Starbucks on every corner, people tend to think that it's ghetto. But there is a great Turkish restaurant, and Taco shop here. The part of Barrio Logan that's by the Northgate Market has all that, though.

Whenever I go to the Logan Heights post office, I always see military inside mailing packages, and assume that they live around there.

Old 03-11-2015, 01:26 PM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcorub16 View Post
So strange...and here I thought the military was to protect us, yet some are afraid to live too close to that base. The apartments around Miramar and Coronado are filled with service men and women.
Afraid living near the base due to drama, if there's drama as previous comment. I mean, what do I know. As I've mentioned, drama exist regardless of where you are....so just wondering what the previous comment was exactly referring to.

Quote:
The problem is this: If there are no shops, cafes, restaurants, or Starbucks on every corner, people tend to think that it's ghetto. But there is a great Turkish restaurant, and Taco shop here. The part of Barrio Logan that's by the Northgate Market has all that, though.

Whenever I go to the Logan Heights post office, I always see military inside mailing packages, and assume that they live around there.

I don't mind no cafes or restaurants nearby. I have Starbucks across my work and I don't bother with it.

You've been super helpful, moved! Thank you!

Old 03-11-2015, 03:11 PM

9,824 posts, read 11,548,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliwalas View Post
Ahhhh. The word "drama" alone is enough to deter me from bothering. I mean, drama can be found anywhere. Just out of curiosity...you don't have to answer since it's not really related lol...how do you know or how do you get affected? Is it something so crazy that it's just known in the community?

So, would it be just as advisable to be out of base range? Meaning, families close to the base may be military families = drama? Omg, now I'm scared!
My Best Friend as well as my Niece are Both Married to Master Chiefs in USN. My Niece Nicknamed The Military housing Complex in Santee "Young and the Restless Inn"
Let's see:
People moving Their whole Families into the units( there's only supposed to be Immediate Family members only)
Say hi/good morning to a male neighbor, It is then automatically assumed by the other wives that you are a **** and you want to sleep with him/her.
This behavior usually comes from the, lower enlisted Wives ( and Husbands Too) with to much time on their hands.
I could give you enough Stories to fill up a book.
My Niece and her husband bought a House in Ohio, and they now use their housing Allotment on their mortgage.

Old 03-11-2015, 05:22 PM

Just go look at apartments, then post the addresses here for comments. There's drama everywhere, not only in military housing.

Old 03-11-2015, 08:59 PM

5,139 posts, read 8,849,708 times
I think you should check out Chula Vista. I know a woman who is in the same situation as you, her husband got stationed same place as your husband. They live in Chula Vista and it's worked out fine, especially for her husband (she has a bit of a commute).

Old 03-11-2015, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
My Best Friend as well as my Niece are Both Married to Master Chiefs in USN. My Niece Nicknamed The Military housing Complex in Santee "Young and the Restless Inn"
Let's see:
People moving Their whole Families into the units( there's only supposed to be Immediate Family members only)
Say hi/good morning to a male neighbor, It is then automatically assumed by the other wives that you are a **** and you want to sleep with him/her.
This behavior usually comes from the, lower enlisted Wives ( and Husbands Too) with to much time on their hands.
I could give you enough Stories to fill up a book.
My Niece and her husband bought a House in Ohio, and they now use their housing Allotment on their mortgage.
Thanks for sharing! I did ask for that. That is some crazy stuff! I've heard of other crazy things as well in this civilian world . I used to be surrounded in one. Gosh, I swear, I can write a script for a whole series of craziness.

Quote:
Just go look at apartments, then post the addresses here for comments. There's drama everywhere, not only in military housing.
I agree. Drama is everywhere you allow it to exist. Will continue browsing through mentioned locations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveautumn View Post
I think you should check out Chula Vista. I know a woman who is in the same situation as you, her husband got stationed same place as your husband. They live in Chula Vista and it's worked out fine, especially for her husband (she has a bit of a commute).
Good to know. Thank you I keep looking at apartments on Craigslist in Chula Vista and some of them are so modern looking and nice! It makes me want to move there, like now! hehe
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego