Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2015, 08:41 PM

3 posts, read 2,608 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone,
I have always come on here to read posts and responses from others, but I just signed up myself and this is my first post, so I hope I am doing this correctly.
I am a 31 year old single mom, looking to settle down with the right man. I dislike Winnetka and although I like Woodland Hills, etc, it is TOO hot here and it seems for the same price, I could get a better living situation in Cbad. My son is 4 years old and I cannot afford a private school and I am not a fan of LAUSD public schools. I prefer schools that are more child based learning style. As my son is autistic, he cannot deal with a super militant school. He is brilliant, but he is very high energy and needs lots of support and creative activities. So, I need a public school that meets his needs. He is high functioning, so he can speak and is very active...extremely active! Lol.
1. So, which area of Carlsbad would you recommend? Please provide zip codes, street names, which side of town, etc?
2. Which schools, within the recommended areas do you feel would match his educational needs? (Would be awesome if no grading system, lots of hands on learning, etc. He is super intelligent, but has a lot of emotional and behavioral challenges at times).
3. What is public transportation like in the area? Grocery shopping? etc.
4. Are there things like Wal-Mart, Target, Sprouts, Trader Joe's and Ralph's?? (tight budget)
5. I do not drink, smoke or party, so is the area you suggest quiet?
6. Are there lots of fun family/kid friendly activities?
7. I am single and looking to settle down, so where can I meet like minded (new age, veg head, hippie dippie, chakra, aura balancing, woo woo, airy fairy) men? LOL!
8. How far away from the beach is the area you recommend? (I'd like to be no more than 10-15min drive/bus ride away).

I would like a CLEAN, NON-infested apartment in a Safe area. Got damn slumlords and their roaches and mold...Noooo...

PRICE RANGE: $1,000-$1,800 for a 1-2 bedroom. I would prefer my son have his own room for once, but depends if I can find a 2 bedroom within our price range which meets all of our needs. I am willing to settle for the PERFECT 1 bedroom, over the 2 bedroom with the crappy schools, roaches and 2 hours from the beach. So, yeah, I am flexible!

I really appreciate all of your help.
I am hoping to be able to visit for 2 days this summer. It's 2.5-3 hour drive from where I live in Los Angeles County.
Please offer any details possible. I really appreciate your help.
I am also open to a Rental Agent to help us, if you have any legit recommendations. Feel free to recommend specific apartment buildings/townhomes as well. Clean, quiet, safe and all that jazz.

Thanks so much in advance everyone!
Namaste
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2015, 08:55 PM

15,129 posts, read 32,326,222 times
In what area will you be working?

Old 03-14-2015, 08:57 PM

Hoping to still work from Home.

Old 03-17-2015, 04:06 AM

1,014 posts, read 1,576,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzire View Post
8. How far away from the beach is the area you recommend? (I'd like to be no more than 10-15min drive/bus ride away). . . .

PRICE RANGE: $1,000-$1,800 for a 1-2 bedroom.
Forget $1k, it's not happening in Carlsbad. You'll be lucky to find something decent at $1800 per month, and it most certainly will be an apartment or sublet townhome. If you want to be near the water, you will need to double your budget -- so forget anything west of the 5. Maybe you can find something 15 minutes inland, so I'd focus the search on communities east of the 5 and most likely east of El Camino Real.

Old 03-17-2015, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USDefault View Post
Forget $1k, it's not happening in Carlsbad. You'll be lucky to find something decent at $1800 per month, and it most certainly will be an apartment or sublet townhome. If you want to be near the water, you will need to double your budget -- so forget anything west of the 5. Maybe you can find something 15 minutes inland, so I'd focus the search on communities east of the 5 and most likely east of El Camino Real.

Thanks so much for replying. I am NOT looking for a house. I am looking for an apartment or townhome, so that's fine. As a single parent, there is no way I would be able to afford $3,000 a month for a house. Ok, I will look into the area you suggested. I appreciate the tips. Thanks again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego