Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2023, 09:39 PM

50,269 posts, read 47,023,439 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esacni View Post
This is lol. My guess is, if enough of these clowns target certain neighborhoods, prices in those neighborhoods will increase by 10 -15%. Subsidizing into a market with a severe supply-demand imbalance is simply mentally retarded.
This sounds strangely close to the https://www.federalreserve.gov/consu.../cra_about.htm

It will drive prices up just like in the early 2000s. Giving people money they will never be able to pay back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2023, 12:17 PM

4,433 posts, read 2,451,215 times
Not a surprise but...
SD rental rates

"Among cities in the state of California, rate is increasing in San Diego at the fastest rate."

Old 06-13-2023, 11:41 AM

5,740 posts, read 4,694,854 times
Buddy of mine is getting relocated to SD, and asked me to recommend some neighborhoods and houses they should look at. He's married with 2 boys in jr. high. They want to be in San Dieguito or Carlsbad high school district.

Requirements are newer or updated SFH with 4+ bedrooms. Preferred areas are Carmel Valley/Del Mar up to South Carlsbad. Prefer to spend about $2M or so.

I thought this would be a pretty easy task with several options.

Wow.

According to Redfin, there is exactly one house that fits those parameters. I was floored.

Increasing price up to $2.5M, nets a few more options.

I told him he'd have to increase his budget up to $3M to get what he was really looking for.

I feel sorry for house-hunters right now.

Old 06-13-2023, 04:01 PM

1,404 posts, read 1,177,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxlrod View Post
Buddy of mine is getting relocated to SD, and asked me to recommend some neighborhoods and houses they should look at. He's married with 2 boys in jr. high. They want to be in San Dieguito or Carlsbad high school district.

Requirements are newer or updated SFH with 4+ bedrooms. Preferred areas are Carmel Valley/Del Mar up to South Carlsbad. Prefer to spend about $2M or so.

Wow.

According to Redfin, there is exactly one house that fits those parameters. I was floored.

I told him he'd have to increase his budget up to $3M to get what he was really looking for.

How about this 5/3 (right at $2M) in Torrey Hills?

Old 06-13-2023, 04:28 PM

5,740 posts, read 4,694,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyInSD View Post
He won't like it much due to the tiny yard, and his wife will hate it due to the lack privacy with neighbor's house looking down into the yard.

I would like it due some of the best mountain biking trails at the end of the street.

Crazy what $2M gets you currently.

Old 06-13-2023, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyInSD View Post
An HOA for that price? Hard nope.

Old 06-14-2023, 09:42 PM

10,300 posts, read 6,832,149 times
Might have better choices if the search included North Carlsbad. Properties are noticeably cheaper in that area. (Unless your buddy wants a white water view too, then forget it.)

Old 06-15-2023, 12:57 PM

4,433 posts, read 2,451,215 times
Quote:
Crazy what $2M gets you currently.

Especially for someone who doesn't want to be house poor, which is what I'll guess is the case for someone with two teen boys.

Old 06-15-2023, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joosoon View Post
Especially for someone who doesn't want to be house poor, which is what I'll guess is the case for someone with two teen boys.
The food bill alone I have one and that's bad enough!

Old 06-15-2023, 09:29 PM

10,300 posts, read 6,832,149 times
Quote:

Wow.

Best thing he can do, is employ a real estate agent, in the area he's interested in. They'll be most qualified to find something suitable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego