Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 09:49 PM

9,525 posts, read 30,463,921 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD Observer View Post
Sassberto, would you say that City Heights is on par with Tenderloin in respect to crime and misery ?
TL is much worse
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2008, 04:01 PM

258 posts, read 1,650,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassberto View Post
TL is much worse
I thought so. ..............I'll have to take a long drive around City Heights and see what it looks like.

Old 08-07-2008, 04:40 PM

5,291 posts, read 12,733,684 times
Just wondering, has anyone gone to the fairly new City Heights Farmers Market yet? The hipsters on yelp seem to like it. I'm planning on biking over there on Saturday to check it out.

Besides the products being sold, I'm also looking forward to seeing the diversity of the people who will probably be there.

Old 08-07-2008, 07:53 PM

Is City Heights truly a diverse population ?

I was told that it is 60% Latino and 20% Asian.

Are there any sizeable White or Black parts to City Heights ?

Old 08-07-2008, 09:45 PM

240 posts, read 888,848 times
Quote:
Is City Heights truly a diverse population ?

I was told that it is 60% Latino and 20% Asian.

Are there any sizeable White or Black parts to City Heights ?
This might help answer your question:

92105 - Fact Sheet - American FactFinder

Click on the word "map" next to the various races to get a better idea of exactly who lives where.

Old 08-08-2008, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMark View Post
This might help answer your question:

92105 - Fact Sheet - American FactFinder
Thanks Mark. The stats are from 2000 though. Do you know where there might be a more updated version ?

Old 08-08-2008, 03:38 PM

240 posts, read 888,848 times
Quote:
Thanks Mark. The stats are from 2000 though. Do you know where there might be a more updated version ?
No, at least not from the Census. Gotta wait until after 2010 for updated numbers.

I don't think the demographics of City Heights have changed all that much since 2000.

Old 12-20-2008, 03:10 PM

4 posts, read 25,411 times
Default east san diego city heights!!!!!

I just finished reading your interesting article about living in san diego. The problem here is that im I'mone of thoes ****ed up people that grew up in the east side of city heights now it looks like something positive is happening around here and its not the police patrolling the st. Its me thanks to me crime will go down arrest will go down bring prison talk straight to the youth underground I will do my part,police office is lieing to communities like someone else pointed out in a conversation earlier... homicide where when in city heights... gang related anything nothing.find some jobs that's going to hire us as well as help finish school make some money.my people gots to eat too.yeah the bad decision they made in the past is hurting but the people is hurting there self by keep not coming up with an answer someone gotta fix this ****ed up life style I'm down

Old 12-21-2008, 03:45 AM

4,537 posts, read 12,396,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by souja5ied View Post
I just finished reading your interesting article about living in san diego. The problem here is that im I'mone of thoes ****ed up people that grew up in the east side of city heights now it looks like something positive is happening around here and its not the police patrolling the st. Its me thanks to me crime will go down arrest will go down bring prison talk straight to the youth underground I will do my part,police office is lieing to communities like someone else pointed out in a conversation earlier... homicide where when in city heights... gang related anything nothing.find some jobs that's going to hire us as well as help finish school make some money.my people gots to eat too.yeah the bad decision they made in the past is hurting but the people is hurting there self by keep not coming up with an answer someone gotta fix this ****ed up life style I'm down
Glad you posted souja5ied. But next time, MORE PUNCTUATION PLEASE! Commas, periods, capitalization - the whole thing. Yep, it really matters.

Now, I guess you are saying that thanks to you, and your street patrolling, crime will go down. Can you tell us more about this? Is this a group that has organized in City Heights to do a beefed up neighborhood watch kind of thing? And what is it that the police are lying about? Details please. We need some facts to help us judge if some of what you are saying about City Heights, is something we need to apply in our own neighborhoods.

Old 12-27-2008, 09:46 PM

130 posts, read 386,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keke_830 View Post
Can someone tell me what this area is like? I need to decide where to live. The apartment I found is on Meade and 47th.

In SD if you are on limited financial means, you need to take what you can get when it comes to rental prices. I pass by that area daily, I believe it is primarily Somalian & Asian. I dont think your life will be in jeopardy or anything, but try to find something on the west or north of I-805
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego