Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2015, 09:56 AM

10,090 posts, read 42,403,111 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angstromm View Post
If you've had issues, please PM me...thanks
That's just it. We've not had any issues to speak of. Just not the fastest
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2015, 06:19 PM

28 posts, read 31,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyGirl1 View Post
That's just it. We've not had any issues to speak of. Just not the fastest
Oh, that's great; glad you don't have the issues we do!

I think you must be in another technical service area. We can't get U-verse and those in our part of Bonsall seem to be in a similar situation.

Old 04-10-2015, 10:17 AM

50,239 posts, read 46,991,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angstromm View Post
Sadly, no. I call Cox every few months just to check.

For the time being, we're stuck with AT&T DSL. Therefore, my main concern is to get some Bonsall folks together to file a joint compliant and/or petition since all the AT&T techs have told me the issue is endemic to our area...
Bummer. I had a friend live out that way and if enough of you chip in for the wire run they'll probably do it. Did they mention how far away service is? Sometimes all they need to do is run the last part as in a few hundred yards. Worth a shot.

Old 04-10-2015, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Bummer. I had a friend live out that way and if enough of you chip in for the wire run they'll probably do it. Did they mention how far away service is? Sometimes all they need to do is run the last part as in a few hundred yards. Worth a shot.
From what the tech's have said our wire is fine. A tad far from service box, but not terrible. It's supposedly the box itself that needs upgrading. They all said that engineers need to be brought out to access the situation. We're close enough, in any event, to qualify for 6mb/sec data pipe. We went that route for a time to see if it helped with the stability of the service . Nope (our data rate did increase overall, though). So we went back to 2.5mb/sec...no point paying extra for just as crappy service.

Old 04-17-2015, 05:25 PM

Update:

Filed a BBB complaint against AT&T 4 weeks ago. Heard back from them 4/6 (pretty fast!), but have been calling and calling, leaving voicemails and times that they can reach me and they never seem to call those times. They have tried, to give them some credit, just not when I've told them I'm available. Sheesh!

Will post with something more definitive when I finally talk to them--so curious to see if they will actually make substantive efforts to resolve our issues or not. Sure hope so!

Old 04-23-2015, 01:59 PM

Update:

Finally talked with AT&T and they were very nice. Said they would put a team of engineers on it right away and I should hear back from them in a day or two. We'll see what happens.

Funny thing is, after having a half-dozen + techs out to look into our problem, then being told that AT&T needed to put a team of engineers on it...well, golly, why has it taken over two years and finally filing a complaint with the BBB? Sheesh.

Old 04-30-2015, 03:39 AM

72 posts, read 148,719 times
I'm in Fallbrook/ Bonsall, too, and I have Time Warner. And sewer. The people across the street have AT&T and septic. We are all part of an HOA and yet we are offered a different cable and waste solutions and there is no switching over. Craziness. I would go postal with AT&T, the first granny flat I rented when I was testing out living down here had regular AT&T and I couldn't even stream movies. So I made sure when I bought this house that it had very fast Internet. Need it for work; can't live without it.
You should definitely get a petition and signatures. My friend lives up in the hills in Vista and Cox cable ends right at her street. She is gathering her neighbors to complain and hopefully Cox cable will extend that little network just a few feet so these people can have fast Internet.

Old 04-30-2015, 03:43 AM

16 posts, read 14,672 times
I hate DSL !!!

Old 05-04-2015, 06:03 PM

Update:

AT&T continues to work on the issue. They updated their local area router and we're experiencing a slight improvement, but we still have periods of high ping/jitter.

I've noticed a pattern when preforming long 24+ hour tests: from 6am till around noon, connection is bad; from around noon to evening, connection is a bit better; from night through 12-1am, connection is terrible; and from 1am through about 6am, connection is very good.

Suggest anything to anyone? It's gotta be traffic. The system is overloaded during peak use hours and, during lower use times, the system run clean because there's a lower demand on bandwidth...few folks logging on.

My guess is AT&T needs to upgrade service to our area--that's what I've thought all along, but it's clearer now.

Last edited by Angstromm; 05-04-2015 at 06:11 PM..

Old 05-04-2015, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by photogirlla View Post
I'm in Fallbrook/ Bonsall, too...
Thanks for your post. If you happen to know anyone in Bonsall/Fallbrook with AT&T DSL, please direct them to this post or to: https://www.facebook.com/bad.bonsall.internet

Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego