Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2015, 03:30 PM

74 posts, read 94,877 times

Advertisements

They are located in the 92154 zip code. I need something for a few months. Is this a safe area for a single white male? I'm assuming it is mostly families in the area...but is it safe? It is listed as being in San Diego, but it looks like it is in Imperial Beach. Does anyone have any information on this apartment or the area? Will it be far from many other things in San Diego such as downtown, North Park, etc?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2015, 04:37 PM

6,420 posts, read 11,591,884 times
If you haven't yet, read the yelp reviews of this place. It sounds like it's no paradise but should be OK for a short time.

Yes, it's a bit far from downtown and other things. To get downtown on rapid transit, it'd be a bus and a transfer to the trolley. But then you wouldn't have your car with you to go to other places besides just downtown.

What you might want to do is to stay there for a month, and use that month to look for something nicer.

Old 05-01-2015, 05:12 PM

74 posts, read 94,877 times
I'll have a car, so that should not be too much of an issue I hope. Unless i'm using Uber.... the fees might be expensive to get to the downtown area. If I was there over the summer, any apartment I stay in would need to be month to month.

Not many apartments do month to month it seems. If I search more in areas like Oceanside or Escondido, and further south like Chula Vista or Imperial Beach then they seem to have more vacancies.

I did read the Yelp reviews and it seems mostly families stay there and I guess it is in a military area and near some airport that must be miltary or something.

Old 05-02-2015, 08:48 AM

6,420 posts, read 11,591,884 times
Also consider extended-stay hotels and AirBnB.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego